Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again the Titans are #1 in the league in rush attempts. That is low IQ Fisher ball!

I started posting here in 2002. I'm almost as old as Titan Jeff. All we heard for decades was how the Titans needed to open up that offense. Modernize that offense!

Our most successful plays in a typical game are the same plays high school teams run. Henry's biggest runs come against defenses with 9 men in the box.

Tannehills arm is what makes it work. He can hit the slant without the WR breaking stride. He can lead the post and SLGOs in stride.

Mariota couldn’t do that. And Munchak COULDVE had somebody decent as OC but he was adamant he had to an old fossil that wanted to “run it ‘til it pops”.

No. Simply put, we have TE that are used as more than blockers.

Not sure how, but Vrabel figured out that Henry is capable of running without 8 blockers on the line.

So when Delanie Walker had 1088 yards receiving in 2015 and went to 3 straight pro bowls under Mike Mularkey it was because they never threw him the ball?

Tannehills arm is what makes it work. He can hit the slant without the WR breaking stride. He can lead the post and SLGOs in stride.

Mariota couldn’t do that. And Munchak COULDVE had somebody decent as OC but he was adamant he had to an old fossil that wanted to “run it ‘til it pops”.

Arthur smith is a young hip millennial!

We have a scientific break down of Arthur smith's brilliant play design on that 99 yard Henry TD run.

Double TE, off left guard. Zone blocking. Breaks a tackle, bounces outside, stiff arm, stiff arm, stiff arm, blazing speed stiff arm.

I haven't posted on here much, so please don't interpret this as criticism, but merely asking questions. In the first half, we often ran a TE or FB in front of Henry on the runs up the middle or sealed the edge and ran him around end and that seemed very effective. In the 2nd half, it seemed like we ran him up the gut without a blocker most of the time. I don't really understand why you would go away from what was working to the tune of 8-9 ypc. Also, was the change of Henry's pass catch to a run simply "home town scoring"? It seemed very close to me and I'm happy for him but it just seemed fairly random. Great win today, but when my offense is cooking like it was, I'm not going to completely take the air out of the ball. I know the most important thing was to get out of there with a W, I just think you need to keep the offense percolating rather than let it go stagnant.
First half we used those extra blockers to wear out the defense. In the second half, they were on their heels so we could set up in different formations.

We have a scientific break down of Arthur smith's brilliant play design on that 99 yard Henry TD run.

Double TE, off left guard. Zone blocking. Breaks a tackle, bounces outside, stiff arm, stiff arm, stiff arm, blazing speed stiff arm.
Don’t forget the stiff arm.

All I know is that this team has scored more points than every other team in the AFC besides the Chiefs.

We have a RB that can take over a game

2 WRs that are physical and contribute to our running success with their blocking, but can go over 100 yards a game any given Sunday

A TE that is tied for the league in TDs

A QB that has the 5th best qbr in the league

An OL who is blocking for the leading rusher in the NFL and yet is not allowing many sacks either

no matter what you call it we have an offense that can attack you in many ways which is a DCs nightmare.

I love watching this offense carve up teams...Smith throws in new wrinkles every week and they almost always work...it is fun football to watch...TitanUp!!!

So when Delanie Walker had 1088 yards receiving in 2015 and went to 3 straight pro bowls under Mike Mularkey it was because they never threw him the ball?
DW was definitely the top WR while around. He was a talent that could do it all and even better than the scrub WR we had which is why the other 2 TEs were brought in often.

Vrabel has a lot more to work with. Better QB and AJ Brown. Philosophically the offense has not changed that much. We are 1st in the league in rush attempts and 2nd in rushing yardage.

Jeff fisher would love this offense.

I can’t tell whether you are trying to take a shot at Fisher or this offense.

Fisher would never , NEVER allow this offense to score what they are scoring. This team is 8th in total offense and 6th in scoring. This offense is very good and in fact is elite they can score with anyone.
I promise you that no Fisher led Titan team was that good on offense. Maybe could have been but he wouldn’t have allowed it.

What would Mularkey do differently? AJ's biggest plays are short passes he turns into big plays by breaking tackles. That's AJ's talent not some genius play design.

Certainly you do not think a slant pass was invented by Arthur Smith.

How genius is Andy Reid when he has Hill and Mahomes? Hill just runs by the CB and Mahomes with his cannon throws it to him? That’s no brilliant play design right? What do you want?

Again the Titans are #1 in the league in rush attempts. That is low IQ Fisher ball!

I started posting here in 2002. I'm almost as old as Titan Jeff. All we heard for decades was how the Titans needed to open up that offense. Modernize that offense!

Our most successful plays in a typical game are the same plays high school teams run. Henry's biggest runs come against defenses with 9 men in the box.

Yet these great NFL teams can’t stop it? You think it’s that’s simple? Offense is not this team problem. If you understood that teams don’t run 8 or 9 in the box because they want too but because they have to. The Titans run the ball so well teams have no choice but to employ that defense, Henry would get 3000 yards rushing if they didn’t and he still gashes them. It’s like a great MLB pitcher telling a batter what’s coming and he still can’t hit it. I’m just not sure what your issue is?

How genius is Andy Reid when he has Hill and Mahomes? Hill just runs by the CB and Mahomes with his cannon throws it to him? That’s no brilliant play design right? What do you want?
i kinda think that the chiefs are prime for a letdown.
when mahomes has nearly 500 yards passing and you only manage 27 points, something is very wrong there.
seems like they are playing a run and shoot type offense and the key to beating them is going to be to CRUSH their wide receivers time and again unless they have alligator arms in the second half.
Mahomes, to me, is regressing.
pummeled their wr till they don't want to play no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back