Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not over reacting because I know the drill with this team - and usually don't go after the first or second wave of free agents (Dupree cost a lot last year) but the well is starting to run dry. We have seem huge needs WR and TE fly out the window with teams re-signing, franchise-tagging or over-paying. Are we waiting for scraps and just going to sign another Reynolds type late?? Our TE's still are trash. I am not seeing any improvements here to get over the hump of last year's failure. ...

I'm not over reacting because I know the drill with this team - and usually don't go after the first or second wave of free agents (Dupree cost a lot last year) but the well is starting to run dry. We have seem huge needs WR and TE fly out the window with teams re-signing, franchise-tagging or over-paying. Are we waiting for scraps and just going to sign another Reynolds type late?? Our TE's still are trash. I am not seeing any improvements here to get over the hump of last year's failure. ...

Not much Robinson will be about to do in FA given the Titans terrible cap situation. The draft doesn't offer much more opportunity with only six picks, none of which are in the second round.

Titans are going to have to rely on some diamonds in the rough, or other players on potential 1 year prove it deals to get better.

Not much JRob can do about re-signing and guys getting the tag...and I'm not one who wants to over-pay for stuff.... he is certainly going to patch some roster holes with his bargain bin shopping. Everyone needs to look at the Landry deal as our BIG FA move.

Not much JRob can do about re-signing and guys getting the tag...and I'm not one who wants to over-pay for stuff.... he is certainly going to patch some roster holes with his bargain bin shopping. Everyone needs to look at the Landry deal as our BIG FA move.

yeah think your right

I can't remember the last time we were up against the cap like this.

Good, was the last cut i was hoping for. Jenkins was burnt toast most of the year, was solid the last bit of the season. Unfortunately my last memory of him is that gimme pick he dropped in playoffs. Saves us good chunk of change

late Reese era Titans fielded like 40 players cause they lacked CAP to even sign minimum salary guys

IIRC the only guys on roster that did not play that game were injured

late Reese era Titans fielded like 40 players cause they lacked CAP to even sign minimum salary guys

IIRC the only guys on roster that did not play that game were injured
Reese was paying big money to guys like Pillar and Olson....at least JRob is willing to move on...made right call with Casey and I think has made the right decisions this yr with Saffold and Jenkins....you can't have a full team of all stars

Autry is great but the rest of last year's free agency is leaving a lot to be desired. I'd be ok if we are pretty quiet this season.

Autry is great but the rest of last year's free agency is leaving a lot to be desired. I'd be ok if we are pretty quiet this season.

Dupree was pretty dang good once he returned from IR. Was one of best players on defense over the last 4-5 games (including post-season). He really came on strong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dupree was pretty dang good once he returned from IR. Was one of best players on defense over the last 4-5 games (including post-season). He really came on strong.
Yeah I'm kinda reserving judgement on Dupree. His deal was huge, we need him to consistently be an impact player or that contract is pretty bad.

I've always wanted us to get Casey Hayward when he has been a FA in the past. He still was graded out as one of the better CBs last yr. Just not sure if he has the wheels left. I like PJ Williams from the Saints too...

others available
Patrick Peterson
AJ Bouye
Desmond Trufant
Steven Nelson
Rasul Douglas
Kevin King
Akello Witherspoon

Not much Robinson will be about to do in FA given the Titans terrible cap situation. The draft doesn't offer much more opportunity with only six picks, none of which are in the second round.

Titans are going to have to rely on some diamonds in the rough, or other players on potential 1 year prove it deals to get better.
Let’s be clear that JRob also responsible for the cap situation with which he has to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back