Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
metal957 said:
That is good news because depending on what happens during FA we could grab him to play safety
Assuming Fuller starts at FS, he would have to play SS and I dont believe he is suited for SS

Id love to have allen, but our major concern in the second is LB. I admit that our safteys were horrible last year, but I think that alot of that had to do with the personel around them. 1. LBs that didnt lay the wood (and just generally suck excusing KB) so the safeties had to be cautious of the run. The RB just got to the secondary far to often. 2. We had rookies at the corner back position. What makes a great secondary is that everybody understands, believes and knows that each has their man or zone. The safeties were trying to help the corners cover and ended up getting burned them selves. I would at least give Williams, Thompson, Fuller, and Randel another season b4 i cleaned house.

Allen looks good, I'd take a quality safety or LB in round two, whichever is best value. Depends who drops, but I'd gladly take allen, he looked great until his injury, and looks like he'll be fine...

maximus said:
Assuming Fuller starts at FS, he would have to play SS and I dont believe he is suited for SS

He also plays CB so if we drafted looks like he would start over Hill. Hill could play NB and we could cut our losses with Woolfolk, or keep him through the year.

metal957 said:
He also plays CB so if we drafted looks like he would start over Hill. Hill could play NB and we could cut our losses with Woolfolk, or keep him through the year.
Thats possible, but I believe the Titans are dead set with him at FS. I also believe the Titans have more pressing needs(LB and possibly OL) that need to be addressed earlier

All we have to do now is hust watch and see what happens in FA. We may get a MLB there so we could get him. You just never know.

Jason Allen played CB last year, saftey the year before. He is extremely talented, but he had a major hip injury. I am a big Vol fan, but you have to be objective...I would be very wary of Allen until I see ALOT more.

I'd say right now you could take Jason Allen safely in the 3rd round. I am assuming the Titans are going with either Young or Cutler with their first round pick. I think Young ooze prue athleticism but that doesn't always translate well in the NFL (see Michael Vick, he can run and he can throw but doesn't know when to do either). I think a big defensive pick in the 2nd round like a LB or a DT would be excellent. And i think Allen in the 3rd. I don't think he hits hard enough to play a traditional safety, but i do think he could play a Troy Polamulalua style saftey (yes i know i butchered his last name). Troy rarely tackles so much as flies at someone legs like a guided missle.

I think Allen might last til the second half of the second round, but I think his 40 time takes him out of the the third round. He's too talented for someone to not take a chance on him earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back