Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunny said:
what exactly is so special about him anyway? Was he injured or something?

Allen was a sure 1st round pick but decided to remain in school one more year. His hip injury is the type that could be career ending. To run a sub 4.39 after the injury tells you how much talent he had. Just remains to be seen if he is going to be 100% recovered.

IMO we need to take the aboslute best player with our second round pick even if it is a CB or FS. Obviously if a group of 4 guys are sitting there close to even in talent and potential you take the postion we need most but if a guy like Allen is easily above any LB or SS you don't pass him up IMO.

Don't forget he led the SEC in tackles from the safety slot... while playing for one of the top defenses in the nation. Top defenses have a habit of spreading their tackles out making it even more impressive. He is a very sure tackler and excellent in coverage. I think he can play any spot in the secondary really.

If we could get Allen in the 2nd round it would be like getting Huff in the second. The guy could be that good.

Allens exceptional short shuttle time ended up being the best at the combine. He would be a great value where we pick in the second. We can get a LB later.

True and if he is on the Titans radar I'm sure he will get looked at very closely. Still, the short shuttle and 40 times were very impressive. If all he ran was the 40 I'd be more suspect but the short shuttle says a lot.

VolnTitan said:
Allen didn't go thru all the drills, so still significant questions.
I agree, Allen didn't do the " BacK pedel and reaction " drill which I'm assuming because it was too demanding on his hip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back