Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, didn't know about the shoulder surgery, but come on, that was high school! Is there ANY sign that he's still affected by that 7 year old injury? The tendonitis surgery on his left elbow... 1. Maybe I've missed it, is he a lefty? 2. Didn't seem to effect him last year. The groin? Come on, I walked into a parking meter and hurt my groin, not a big deal (except at the moment). Of course there have to be concerns, but that doesn't seem to spell "injury prone" to me.

Soxcat said:
Interesting trivia question:
Who holds the NCAA record for lowest % passes thrown for an interception at 1.3% (minimum 600 passes)?
Hint, this player ended his college career with 57 TDs and only 12 ints.
He played from 1997-1999.

Chad Pennington??? Just throwin an answer out there.

GoTitans3801 said:
If anything, he's shown the ability to come back from injury, maybe it's a positive for him!
you wonder where I get this Matt Leinart is a fragile freddy stuff?:winker:
just stirrin' the pot. doin' my job. :ha:

The answer to the trivia question of who has the lowest career int % in his college career is Volek.

The issue on Leinart is simply that those injuries, minor or major tend to be bigger issues in the big leagues. Alot of guys who were relatively healthy in college have troubles with injuries in the NFL and shoulder and elbow injuries to a throwing arm are not a good thing and even though they were years ago doesn't mean they can't be a problem later on after some big hits.
I'm not sure I want a guy who pulls a groin doing ballroom dancing anyway.

Soxcat said:
Interesting trivia question:
Who holds the NCAA record for lowest % passes thrown for an interception at 1.3% (minimum 600 passes)?
Hint, this player ended his college career with 57 TDs and only 12 ints.
He played from 1997-1999.

With that on his resume we might get a 3rd rounder for him after all !!!!!

GoTitans3801 said:
Ok, didn't know about the shoulder surgery, but come on, that was high school! Is there ANY sign that he's still affected by that 7 year old injury? The tendonitis surgery on his left elbow... 1. Maybe I've missed it, is he a lefty? 2. Didn't seem to effect him last year. The groin? Come on, I walked into a parking meter and hurt my groin, not a big deal (except at the moment). Of course there have to be concerns, but that doesn't seem to spell "injury prone" to me.

It said he injured his groin, not that he was kicked in the balls! There's a difference. Groin injuries are muscle tears, kicks to the balls are a rude awakening!

dontdraftCutler said:
i wonder what Jimmy the Greek thinks....

haha... I don't know, but it would probably have something to do with slave plantation breeding techniques and their affect on the quarterback position.

I was SO CLOSE. :(

I don't even know where he played college at. (I guess that makes me a horrible fan). BTW, what does that have to do with the topic? I guessed Pennington because we were talking about the Jets. I assumed the question had something to do with the topic.

So let that be a lesson to all the kiddies at home. If you assume, you make an AS* out of U and ME. Lol, just had to throw that one in there.

wplatham said:
I was SO CLOSE. :(

I don't even know where he played college at. (I guess that makes me a horrible fan). BTW, what does that have to do with the topic? I guessed Pennington because we were talking about the Jets. I assumed the question had something to do with the topic.

So let that be a lesson to all the kiddies at home. If you assume, you make an AS* out of U and ME. Lol, just had to throw that one in there.
i dont want to make an as* out of u tho, ur my friend

Vigsted...

Unless this is 1983 and you have your pick of elway, kelly or marino you have to assume someone will be a failure. The odds say that. In 1999 the top 3 picks were QBs. Couch, mcnabb and akili smith. Those who said that all three would be great look stupid now. How is this year that different? The bust factor is 50% normallly. Bledsoe-mirer, both great? Not even one is great. Manning-leaf? Mcnair-collins?

RollTide said:
Unless this is 1983 and you have your pick of elway, kelly or marino you have to assume someone will be a failure. The odds say that.

Yes, but it's not a certainty, there is still a chance that all 3 become superstars. It's very small but it could happen. The problem is you can't predict who the bust will be (certainly no one has been able to so far), so you might as well assume they're all going to be great, and just pick the one you like the most.

I think 2 of 3 will make the grade. Cause first you have basically a two time Heisman winner in Leiart who made the championship game twice. This is damn good stuff. Cause not only does he win. He has the numbers. Then to top it off, you have a guy in Vince Young who single handeldy beat the two best players in all of college b y imself. He didn't even need the other 5o players. So you gotta say god damn to that. Cutler is the bust here. He's nobody. 2 of 3 make it.

Cutler's chances are as good as the others IMO. Leinart is overated and if he played on a team like Vandy he wouldn't even be in the 1st round. VY is the closest to being a dominating college QB who might not be able to translate his game at the next level although he potentially has a huge upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back