Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Jim Irsay, when interviewed during last night's preseason Colts/Tampa Bay game was asked what he thought about this year's prospects for winning the AFC South. His reply? "Thank god AJ Brown is gone".

Jim Irsay, when interviewed during last night's preseason Colts/Tampa Bay game was asked what he thought about this year's prospects for winning the AFC South. His reply? "Thank god AJ Brown is gone".
Well, Carson wentz, Nick foles, and now Matt Ryan tell me he knows what he’s talking about.

by the way
:coltssuck::coltsblow:

Scary how much the Titans and Colts are built the exact same way. It's going to be a brawl between us and them this year.

Irsay shoud be more concerned with Simmons, Autry and Dupree. Because they are coming at you in full force.

Cute of him to cover up the principle that he has nobody within current personnel to spot QB talent in the draft, and only knows the phone numbers of old-back-9 (hell, back 9? -- back 1) QBs on their way out of the league...

Jonathan Taylor has played the Titans 3 times has 70 yards, 63 yards and 12 yards., missed second game in 2020. What the Colts do well run the ball, the Titans defense greatly, 2nd in run defense last year lost by 2 yards to the Ravens. That was without the best run defense LB in league for most of year Zac Cunningham only played 4 games with Titans, Bud Dupree is a great run defender missed 6 games and was on snap count for 4 games due to coming back from ACL. Caleb Farley and Kristian Fulton will improve their tackling this year, run defense will be even better this year. The Colts greatest strength on Offense there All-Pro Guard Quentin Nelson is nullified by Jeffrey Simmons. Colts Wrs are possession type, no threat to Titans secondary, but the biggest mismatch is the Colts poor Tackles vs Titans edge rushers, immobile Matt Ryan ( statue and noodle arm) will have worse game vs the Titans than Carson Wentz ( athletic pretty good arm strength) did.

Colts will be tough .. although @TitanMark will disagree

No WRs or TEs who scare anyone
Old ass QB, does Matt Ryan all of a sudden scare people?
OL issues just like Titans
Severely overrated HC and NOT a QB whisperer, will be fired during or after this season
Darius Leonard may not play much in 2022, but has potentially career altering back issues. Will miss games this season.
Defense isnt going to be very good.

JT is a very nice player but you just load the box and they have nothing else.

But sure, they will be tough. Every year the Colts are rated before the season as a Top NFL team and SB contender and then never are. Haven’t been in a decade. Damn sure aren’t this season.

Severely overrated HC and NOT a QB whisperer, will be fired during or after this season
Darius Leonard may not play much in 2022, but has potentially career altering back issues. Will miss games this season.

But sure, they will be tough. Every year the Colts are rated before the season as a Top NFL team and SB contender and then never are. Haven’t been in a decade. Damn sure aren’t this season.
This is pretty accurate. I feel like the titans and Colts are in pretty similar spots right now. Veteran QB's that are good but not elite. Elite RB. Questionable Oline. Questionable receivers/TE. Strong D's. I think we have the inside track, and ultimately a better future. But we're both stuck behind the elite teams while still competing. Now say Malik Willis and Burks pan out, Simmons continues his path towards being elite and we're cooking.

Does our QB scare anyone? Do our WR/TEs? Both defenses are good. Taylor is a good receiving RB as well.
I agree with @Titanic_Sub both teams are in similar spots

This is pretty accurate. I feel like the titans and Colts are in pretty similar spots right now. Veteran QB's that are good but not elite. Elite RB. Questionable Oline. Questionable receivers/TE. Strong D's. I think we have the inside track, and ultimately a better future. But we're both stuck behind the elite teams while still competing. Now say Malik Willis and Burks pan out, Simmons continues his path towards being elite and we're cooking.
Titans aren’t stuck behind elite teams. They beat all of them last year and literally handed a W over to Cincinnati to take the L.
This D should still be top notch even without Landry. That is why Titans will win the South again. Colts will likely use Ryan more than Tennessee uses THill, but the decision doesn’t hinge on THill or probably Ryan, it hinges on Henry/Taylor, and both Ds.

Titans aren’t stuck behind elite teams. They beat all of them last year and literally handed a W over to Cincinnati to take the L.
This D should still be top notch even without Landry. That is why Titans will win the South again. Colts will likely use Ryan more than Tennessee uses THill, but the decision doesn’t hinge on THill or probably Ryan, it hinges on Henry/Taylor, and both Ds.
I get what you're saying, and I agree the titans are more than capable of beating any team in the AFC or the NFL for that matter. But as long as we have Tannehill vs. mahomes, Allen, Russ etc I still think we're a step back overall.

I get what you're saying, and I agree the titans are more than capable of beating any team in the AFC or the NFL for that matter. But as long as we have Tannehill vs. mahomes, Allen, Russ etc I still think we're a step back overall.
This is where we fundamentally disagree.
THill never faces Mahomes/Allen/etc.

the Titans play those guys and which is why Tennessee is currently on winning streaks against every one of the QBs you mentioned.
D wins championships, not QBs. bottom line, is as long as Tennessee is beating those teams, which they are, they are not a step behind regardless what media coverage says

This is where we fundamentally disagree.
THill never faces Mahomes/Allen/etc.

the Titans play those guys and which is why Tennessee is currently on winning streaks against every one of the QBs you mentioned.
D wins championships, not QBs. bottom line, is as long as Tennessee is beating those teams, which they are, they are not a step behind regardless what media coverage says
Ehh in the last ten years the only QB's you could argue were worse than tanne to win a superbowl were Foles and Flacco. And even Flacco was super human in the playoffs, heck foles was too. You can win it all with a non-elite quarterback but it's just far less likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back