Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that I've heard from both Badger fans and some of the Kiper/McShay types is that Taylor isn't very clutch.

He was good at getting a jump on teams or finishing teams, but he underperformed in some big games and some of his mistakes really hurt the team. For instance, he killed a couple of drives against Oregon with a dropped ball and a fumble.

Yea comp matters which is why Davis vs the few good programs his small school did see went in his favor. And he has every measurable for a WR.

Same with Byard, and Butler.

And just so you get a little smarter today, know that more players from App State got drafted than FSU. @Fry lol

Evans was a solid find in the 3rd.

I’ll bet you $1,000 Corey Davis will not get 1,000 yards

And just so you get a little smarter today, know that more players from App State got drafted than FSU. @Fry.
I could have told you that.

FSU had two surprise returns for their senior year though. Marvin Wilson and Tamorrion Terry would have absolutely been top 64 picks. I have no idea why either returned.

Below are games against Wisconsin competition. He struggled against Ohio State Oregon and outside of 2 tds against Minn. The NFL is different and he has Castanzo and Nelson to run behind. We does have nearly 1k touches in 3 years so how much tread is left. 15 turnovers in 3 years is a lot as well. Just like CEH this isn't some out the gate unless Mack is released or traded.

Against Michigan he had 203 yards 2 tds

Against Ohio State 52 yards

Against Iowa 250

Against Minn 76 Yards 2 tds

Ohio St game 2 148 1td

Oregon 94

Taylor is a very good RB. I saw him struggle against tougher competition like Ohio State but with a team like Indy I think he will do really well. The OLine, QB, and offensive scheme is friendly towards RBs, he just needs to clean up some fumbling issues and work on his receiving game and pass protection but other than that he is a damn fine RB.

But no he shouldnt been a top 20 pick.

Taylor in my opinion should have been a top 20 pick. He is the same size as Ezekiel Elliott, had a little better 40 time, vertical and broad jump.

You can talk all you want about his o-line but no Alabama RB in the Nick Saban era had that high a yards per carry including the 2 Heisman winners.
I missed Taylor doing that through the sec and college football playoff schedule...

That chart doesn't mean jack if you don't know the actual numbers....so he was targeted on 33% of the routes he ran...great he ran 3 routes all yr and was targeted 1 time or he ran 300 routes and was targeted 100 time...big difference
Well, he had 26 receptions on 36 targets for 252 yards last year. A 10.3%, 76th percentile team target share. And since he was targeted on 33% of his routes run, math tells me he ran 109 routes.

Yes he had a ton of touches in his 3 years as wisco, and did fumble once every 54 touches. He was also extremely efficient with those touches, AVERAGING 2200yds and 18tds for 3 years. Many knock him for his lack of receptions too but that's just not how wisco rolls. Believe it or not, he is the most targeted college RB per route run of relevant NFL backs in the past 5 years.

Where cmc is on there is a surprise to me. He was almost half of the panthers offense last year and his college career was even better. Would expect it to be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back