Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would MUCH prefer to take Darnell Washington in the 2nd or 3rd to pair with Chig. Dude is a beast, blocks like an O lineman and can toss DB’s aside like the King.

Already have Chig.

Jonnu was so fun to watch here. 2 blockers in front of him and a dump off, it was going for 30 yards minimum.

But I don't see him coming back here, nor should he.

I seriously don't get the Darnell Washington love. Yes, he looks the part of a TE, but slow as molasses. Could barely get open in college. He will struggle to get separation in the NFL.

I'd take him in the 5th and beyond though.

How many times have you watched Washington play, aside from the highlights?
I watched him tear up Oregon and then a few other times during the season. Remember he was used more as the blocking TE with Brock Bowers their top TE receiver.
But Washington is quite fast for a guy his size actually. Not sure why you call him slow, watch him at the combine.

While I have nothing against Jonnu, I think Chig is his replacement and he's cheap. No real need to pay even decent money for a TE right now. Got a guy who can catch on a cheap rookie deal.... Hopefully he gets used more!
We run 3 TEs more than anyone. Having 2 solid options, preferably that are decent at blocking, is a smart move. Jonnu improved his blocking significantly. Swaim was never that good and somehow got labeled as a blocking TE.

We run 3 TEs more than anyone. Having 2 solid options, preferably that are decent at blocking, is a smart move. Jonnu improved his blocking significantly. Swaim was never that good and somehow got labeled as a blocking TE.
I think this is just an expected title when you don’t ever show any ability to be a receiving threat.

Honestly it kind of makes sense too. TE are used for 2 things, blocking and catching. If you can’t catch, you have to be a “blocking” TE right? Unless we consider possibility #3, he’s the Dennis Daley of TE and just sucks at everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously don't get the Darnell Washington love. Yes, he looks the part of a TE, but slow as molasses. Could barely get open in college. He will struggle to get separation in the NFL.

I'd take him in the 5th and beyond though.
Most certainly isn’t slow. He was used more as a blocker as they had bowers to be more the receiving threat, just like chig would be here. I think he’s a great fit for our style

Most certainly isn’t slow. He was used more as a blocker as they had bowers to be more the receiving threat, just like chig would be here. I think he’s a great fit for our style

It will be interesting to see where Washington goes in the draft because he is not the modern style TE (Kelce/Kittle) who are mismatches for LBers. My guess is that he falls further than people think in the draft because this draft has a bunch of TEs that are much better receiving threats than Washington.

Personally I think that Washington should put on weight and transition to OT

I could see the Titans drafting him as we do need a blocking TE and I have no doubt that Washington would be better than Swaim.

It will be interesting to see where Washington goes in the draft because he is not the modern style TE (Kelce/Kittle) who are mismatches for LBers. My guess is that he falls further than people think in the draft because this draft has a bunch of TEs that are much better receiving threats than Washington.

Personally I think that Washington should put on weight and transition to OT
He’s not incapable of catching the ball and running routes. He’s perfect for the titans and complements Chig perfectly. I agree he doesn’t fit everyone though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back