LEGEND
Moola
Conklin-gone
Davis-gone
Adoree-gone
Evans-5th year option likely to be declined
Simmons-beast
Wilson-gone

Kinda amazing the turn around this team has had under jrob despite the first round struggles. Should we just start trading away our first round pick every year and stacking 2's and 3's? Lol

Conklin-gone
Davis-gone
Adoree-gone
Simmons-beast
Wilson-gone

Kinda amazing the turn around this team has had under jrob despite the first round struggles. Should we just start trading away our first round pick every year and stacking 2's and 3's? Lol
Jrob is trash

Conklin-gone
Davis-gone
Adoree-gone
Simmons-beast
Wilson-gone

All but Wilson were good picks and contributed to our success. And they all will keep playing and be good players. Nothing says you have to sign these players or keep them after their first year. You got what you could out of the first contract and moved on to find better value. I can live with that. If the result continue to be good who cares.

All but Wilson were good picks and contributed to our success. And they all will keep playing and be good players. Nothing says you have to sign these players or keep them after their first year. You got what you could out of the first contract and moved on to find better value. I can live with that. If the result continue to be good who cares.
Outside of simmons and maybe Conklin I don't think a single one of those players was worth their pick. You're telling me you were happy with Corey davis' production as the #5 overall pick?!

Im not sure signing a 2nd contract with the team should be the measure of success or not.

You could argue that if you hit on all your 1st round picks, most of them will sign a big 2nd contract somewhere else.

This is the salary cap working.

JRob is somewhere in the middle - he hits on some, he misses on others.

Im not sure signing a 2nd contract with the team should be the measure of success or not.

You could argue that if you hit on all your 1st round picks, most of them will sign a big 2nd contract somewhere else.

This is the salary cap working.

JRob is somewhere in the middle - he hits on some, he misses on others.
It's not like we couldn't afford those guys though. We chose to spend the money elsewhere. If that's not admitting failure I don't know what is.

Hard to get behind a team with no continuity. It's like watching college basketball these days

There's no prize for keeping first rounders around. It's all about winning and Jrob has built teams that win pretty consistently. Just had a double digit winning season for the first time since when?

No GM hits on every pick. Or even a majority of picks. The draft is a crap shoot. There's always cuts/trades/decisions that fans don't like but that's part of the job.

Outside of simmons and maybe Conklin I don't think a single one of those players was worth their pick. You're telling me you were happy with Corey davis' production as the #5 overall pick?!

It wasn’t great, not for 5. But he was a solid contributor and he just signed a big contract. So not a horrible bust.

J-Rob has drafted a top 5 wr ( in my opinion) and the best RB in the game with second round picks. 2 pro bowlers and to me 2 all-pro players in the second round. Name another GM in the league that has done that?

The first round misses have been bad. But got to look at the big picture. He also traded a 4 for tanney and got back a pick and made the phins pay for most of his salary the first year. He bailed us out of the MM pick.

I do think, as I have said before, we need to take a hard look at our player evaluation process. We can improve in that area. We also need to get smarter with player retention and be more proactive and less reactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back