Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we won't. Not with this lineup currently. We'll be lucky to win 3 games

3 wins? 3? 3 ? You said 3? Like Three ?

With current lineup we are 6-0 in the AFC South alone. Colts haven’t signed anyone and have lost players, Watson isn’t playing and the Jags are still the Jags CURRENTLY. We beat the Jets, Patriots and Steelers with their CURRENT lineup. That’s 9 wins.

You can’t be serious. Lucky to win 3? GTFOH I piss people off but after that statement you made absolutely NO ONE should take you serious, NO ONE. I’m surely not. It’s literally the craziest thing I have ever read in this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

With current lineup we are 6-0 in the AFC South alone. Colts haven’t signed anyone and have lost players, Watson isn’t playing and the Jags are still the Jags CURRENTLY. We beat the Jets, Patriots and Steelers with their CURRENT lineup. That’s 9 wins.

You can’t be serious. Lucky to win 3? GTFOH I piss people off but after that statement you made absolutely NO ONE should take you serious, NO ONE. I’m surely not. It’s literally the craziest thing I have ever read in this forum.

You have to be a kid.. have to be.

While I certainly agree that three wins is ridiculous crazy talk, I have a hard time seeing us matching our eleven from last season, even with an extra game.

We basically don't have a secondary. Gotta figure the line got worse. Linebacker corps got worse assuming Jayon walks. We pretty much have nothing in the te room right now. And the wr corps is aj brown...that's it.

I assume there's still moves to be made and of course the draft, but I'm concerned.

You have to be a kid.. have to be.

Not a kid but a grumpy old “get off my lawn” dude.

I’d say he’s 3/6 on first round picks. Definitely sucks we werent able to retain Corey and Jack but they are some of the highest paid at their position. Cant really call that a miss. Evans has one more year to take the next step. He’s a decent player but hasn’t developed into the guy we’d hoped for yet.

He’s landed first round caliber players with other picks thankfully.

But we won't. Not with this lineup currently. We'll be lucky to win 3 games

Ah the beauty of a forum board. People can say things they don’t truly believe. I get it people come on here to vent but we all know you don’t truly stand behind this opinion.

While I certainly agree that three wins is ridiculous crazy talk, I have a hard time seeing us matching our eleven from last season, even with an extra game.

We basically don't have a secondary. Gotta figure the line got worse. Linebacker corps got worse assuming Jayon walks. We pretty much have nothing in the te room right now. And the wr corps is aj brown...that's it.

I assume there's still moves to be made and of course the draft, but I'm concerned.

What line got worse? OL or DL . DL just got crazy better. The OL didn’t lose anyone. We still have our starters and we will find depth. That’s pretty easy.

Our TEs are the same. Smith was non existent after the mid point of the year. Just disappeared. Why are we assuming anything. Has JRob not been busy? Has he not been working. You think he cut Jackson and Kelly for the hell of it? We have $24 million in cap space still. The Colts have done nothing, nothing. They haven’t even signed their own guys yet. They are losing them. The Texans are trash. The Jags are still the Jags until proven otherwise.

Based on what I’m seeing from JRob I have no idea how any of you could be concerned. Has he not had a move to make after making one? Do you not see a plan in motion here?

Why would you be concerned? You think he is done?

I’d say he’s 3/6 on first round picks. Definitely sucks we werent able to retain Corey and Jack but they are some of the highest paid at their position. Cant really call that a miss. Evans has one more year to take the next step. He’s a decent player but hasn’t developed into the guy we’d hoped for yet.

He’s landed first round caliber players with other picks thankfully.
CD is the 19th highest paid wr with more still to sign. Conklin is the 12th highest paid T with more to sign. I wouldn't call that some of the highest paid.

But yeah, some of his other picks, and the tannehill robbery especially were genius.

CD is the 19th highest paid wr with more still to sign. Conklin is the 12th highest paid T with more to sign. I wouldn't call that some of the highest paid.

But yeah, some of his other picks, and the tannehill robbery especially were genius.

To each their own. Seems like being top 20 is one of the highest paid people at your job. But all depends on your definition I guess.

What line got worse? OL or DL . DL just got crazy better. The OL didn’t lose anyone. We still have our starters and we will find depth. That’s pretty easy.

Our TEs are the same. Smith was non existent after the mid point of the year. Just disappeared. Why are we assuming anything. Has JRob not been busy? Has he not been working. You think he cut Jackson and Kelly for the hell of it? We have $24 million in cap space still. The Colts have done nothing, nothing. They haven’t even signed their own guys yet. They are losing them. The Texans are trash. The Jags are still the Jags until proven otherwise.

Based on what I’m seeing from JRob I have no idea how any of you could be concerned. Has he not had a move to make after making one? Do you not see a plan in motion here?

Why would you be concerned? You think he is done?

OL got worse by Cutting Kelly.

And sure. I get that we are just getting started with the process, So I am not Judging yet. Love the Two DL acquisitions.

The secondary concerns me, but I will wait and see.

We will acquire more WR, Just hope they work out quickly.

We had no Choice but to let Davis and Smith walk. The Kelly and Jackson cuts perplex me, atleast so far.

The Titans and Jrob OWNED the 2019 draft.
1. Simmons - Stud
2. AJ - Stud
3. Davis - got multiple All Pro votes last year
4. Hooker - starter material in the 4th
5. Long Jr. - starter material in the 5th

2020 DOES NOT COUNT. What do you think might have happened if Wilson was drafted and immediately went into rookie orientation, and then mini camps and then a full training camp and then played in a full preseason? For all we know he could have been a success. Same with Evans and Fulton and Murchison.
2020 will always have an asterisk next to it.
Eliminate that and Jrob has had some incredible drafting, trade and free agency performances.
We just went 11-5 and won the division with like a dozen injured players.

The percentage of 1st rounders that come back for a 2nd contract is really low.
John Clayton wrote an article a few years back that stated that teams recycle their rosters every 5 years. Only 30-33% of drafted players remain with the team that originally drafted them. What is different about our roster is during JR’s tenure, his firsts aren’t lasting 5 years. This is why I say we need to re-vamp our evaluation process. The Titans are one of the few teams that really don’t track analytics. Perhaps they should.

John Clayton wrote an article a few years back that stated that teams recycle their rosters every 5 years. Only 30-33% of drafted players remain with the team that originally drafted them. What is different about our roster is during JR’s tenure, his firsts aren’t lasting 5 years. This is why I say we need to re-vamp our evaluation process. The Titans are one of the few teams that really don’t track analytics. Perhaps they should.

It's still improvement over the prior administration. At least our picks have (excepting wilson) been decent starters during their tenure here.

It's still improvement over the prior administration. At least our picks have (excepting wilson) been decent starters during their tenure here.
Being better than a poor administration is not much of a compliment. That’s like saying your wife doesn’t sweat much for a fat girl.

Being better than a poor administration is not much of a compliment. That’s like saying your wife doesn’t sweat much for a fat girl.

Sure.

All in all I'd say jrob is an above average gm. He's had many wiffs, but all gms do. At least he cuts bait and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back