Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
A couple months ago, I felt that it might be best for this organization if Steve and the Titans parted ways

I have changed my thinking after the Titans drafted Young

Now I think that restructuring Steve's contract and getting him back on board should be a priority.

I don't know if too much damage has been done for Steve to "forgive" the Titans and come back for another couple years, but I hope all the crudola about how badly we treated him has been blown out of proportion and Steve didn't take it as hard as the so called experts have told us how badly the Titans treated him.

Of course if the Titans resign McNair, you wonder what will happen with Billy

It's out of our hands... that much is for sure. I'll accept whatever happens. I do know that I would rather have McNair than Kerry Collins. (Be sure to check Smack Central for new Collins smack)

Here is what scares me...

Young working with his mentor not a guarantee

The Alternative (story by Jim Wyatt)
If McNair is released, there's no guarantee Volek would take over. One short-term solution the Titans are considering is bringing in former Raiders quarterback Kerry Collins, who is still on the market.

Maybe it is just wishful thinking but I'll continue to believe a deal with McNair will get worked out. We'll probably have to live through more garbage between now and when it happens but I think it is still in the best interests of both sides to get something done.

Despite of all the comments and rumors about the Titans lack of interest to sign McNair, I do believe that it was/is a priority for them, no matter what QB they would have picked in the draft. But if McNair doesn't restructure his contract, he won't get signed. It's as simple as that. So, just like with the Eddie George situation, it's up to McNair to decide whether he wants to stay or leave, not the Titans.

Mcnair to return to Titans

"Mcnair to return to Titans" That was the graphic the NFL channel put on the screen last night at about 10:45 pm
They did a little story saying that they had talked with the Titans Org and they assured them that Steve would be returning to the Titans this season

Just in case Steve has an inkling to read these boards:

STEVE!! DUDE!! WORK IT OUT!! THEY GOT SOME HELP FOR YOU, BUT WE HAVE TO BE ABLE TO AFFORD THEM!! REWORK THE CONTRACT!! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!

Tungtide said:
Just in case Steve has an inkling to read these boards:

STEVE!! DUDE!! WORK IT OUT!! THEY GOT SOME HELP FOR YOU, BUT WE HAVE TO BE ABLE TO AFFORD THEM!! REWORK THE CONTRACT!! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!

Yeah Steve. We'll eat at your restaurants, attend your camps and buy our sporting goods from you if you stay. If you leave, well, ask Eddie how his Nashville businesses are doing.

The big hurdle is that McNair insists he wants to be a starting QB for two or three more years. Does anyone want to see Vince Young sit on the bench that long? We can say all we want that he should come back for one year then ride off into the sunset. He has no plans to do anything of the sort, and he has said it very plainly.

Mac should sign a 2 year deal and let his performance dictate the rest. If he is as good as he'd like us to still think he could be then he should prove it. Give Vince the time he needs to be comfortable in the offense and let Steve show what he can do with an improved offense... Fisher won't bench Mac if he is producing wins- and if he IS over the hill then he should finish at least where he is a hero, not a zero, like Eddie was in Dallas.

TitanJeff said:
Maybe it is just wishful thinking but I'll continue to believe a deal with McNair will get worked out. We'll probably have to live through more garbage between now and when it happens but I think it is still in the best interests of both sides to get something done.

I agree and as usual Einstein is right again - lol

Things seem to be getting very interesting in Tennessee. Big free agent signings, a pretty damn good draft, last year's rookies returning with experience...

What can Mac get in Baltimore that he can't get here, other than more money and D-Mase? I want my storybook McNair/Titans/Superbowl ending, dammit. :lol:

Riverman said:
Yeah Steve. We'll eat at your restaurants, attend your camps and buy our sporting goods from you if you stay. If you leave, well, ask Eddie how his Nashville businesses are doing.

Yes Steve, BABY COMEBACK!!! I just got a lot of Titans and Steve McNair's stuff for my new born nephew, WE NEED YOU STEVE!!!! and I would hate to see you on your back all day long the day we play the ratbirds!!! PLEASE RE WORK YOUR CONTRACT AND STAY FOR 3 MORE YEARS!!!

Sincerely All Titan Fans in Mexico!!!!

I'd like to know if there's any legitimate update on this? I had heard he was going to Baltimore.

Count me in as a huge Steve McNair fan. I'll admit my bias as a bandwaggon ex-Oiler, huge Longhorn fan who happens to think the McNair/Young relationship will make a bigger impact on the NFL than people might think. If Bud gets this done somehow, I'd just say he may be able to wipe his karma slate clean right here and now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back