Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Dolphins | Carter possible cap victim (KFFL)

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins DL Kevin Carter is a possible salary cap vicitm if there is no collective bargaining agreement extension. Carter carries a $5.4 million cap number for the 2006 season. ... (More)

I won't even ask:lol:

If KVB was leaving, maybe, but there is no way we have room for them both.

I also wouldnt put too much stock in these lists of possible cuts. McNair is listed by KFFL as a possible cut, and we all know that isnt going to happen.

nouveaux said:
I'd love to see Carter come back. He was the one guy that I hated to see leave. Wonder if he'd come back cheaper...

He IS back in town and spent a little quality time at the Titan's facility.:winker:

Carter and KVB might have enough spunk along w/ Bullock to put some pride back in the D. We lost too much leadership when Carter, Samari, Dyson, and Shulters all left.

I don't know if they'd want to put Carter into the rotation at this point. Useful, yes, but at the risk of what starters? Starks? LaBoy? Not sure about that at this point.

GLinks said:
I don't know if they'd want to put Carter into the rotation at this point. Useful, yes, but at the risk of what starters? Starks? LaBoy? Not sure about that at this point.

I think the D-line rotation would probably survive the loss of either Jared Clauss or Bo Schobel. In fact, Carter's ability to wear two hats (DE & DT) would render both Clauss and Schobel expendable, thus freeing up a roster spot that could be used at another position. A #6 WR, for example, or a #3 QB.

while I agree with the comment about Carter being missed in the locker room I disagree about his character. He spent his last season as a Titan publically stating that he wanted to retire a Titan - he was one of the first FA sigings in the NFL and took the Fish offer without considering his intentions to retire a Titan at all. Basically I felt he lied to me as a fan for the entire season by giving the impression that he would take less to remain a Titan when in fact he was only looking for the biggest $$$ pile and nothing more.

Yeah, I was surprised he didn't retire a Titan as well. I don't know the personal reasons he decided to move on, but if that's the worst anyone can say about him, then you can hardly call into question his charactor.

Kevin proved himself a decent and fine human being in our community while here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back