Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
the King is off to a great start and I held off a couple weeks to get this started.
He is currently in the lead early to claim the rushing title for a 3rd year in a row to match only Emmitt Smith and Jim Brown as the only 2 others to accomplish this.
He’s also on pace for back to back 2K seasons and potentially a new NFL record with an extra regular season game.

Here’s the current race AND King Henry vs. previous 2K rushers:
73’ Simpson - 813
03’ Lewis - 742
98’ Davis - 657
Henry - 640
20’ Henry - 588
Chubb - 523
84’ Dickerson - 498
09’ CJ2K - 468
97’ Sanders - 466
Elliott - 452
12’ Peterson - 420
Robinson - 387

Current lead is 117 over Chubb
Current deficit to OJ Simpson (73’) 173 although this is about beating Dickerson (84’) which he leads by 142. (Chubb is also ahead by 25 yards).

Not all stats have been updated for week 5 considering game KC/Buf are still playing and Indy/Balt are tomorrow, so only current top 4 for 2021 are listed.

the King is off to a great start and I held off a couple weeks to get this started.
He is currently in the lead early to claim the rushing title for a 3rd year in a row to match only Emmitt Smith and Jim Brown as the only 2 others to accomplish this.
He’s also on pace for back to back 2K seasons and potentially a new NFL record with an extra regular season game.

73’ Simpson - 813
03’ Lewis - 742
98’ Davis - 657
Henry - 640
20’ Henry - 588
Chubb - 523
84’ Dickerson - 498
09’ CJ2K - 468
97’ Sanders - 466
Elliott - 452
12’ Peterson - 420
Robinson - 387

Current deficit to OJ Simpson (73’) 173 although this is about beating Dickerson (84’) which he leads by 142. (Chubb is also ahead by 25 yards).

Not all stats have been updated for week 5 considering game KC/Buf are still playing and Indy/Balt are tomorrow, so only current top 4 for 2021 are listed.
Damn, how good was OJ!!!!? Just saying

73’ Simpson - 813
03’ Lewis - 742
98’ Davis - 657
Henry - 640
20’ Henry - 588
Chubb - 523
84’ Dickerson - 498
09’ CJ2K - 468
97’ Sanders - 466
Elliott - 452
12’ Peterson - 420
Robinson - 387

EDIT mistake:

If Henry wins title this year, he is #4 to reach 3 straight rushing titles.
I missed our very own Earl Campbell from 78-80.

Emmitt 91-93
Jim Brown 57-59

Little longer term, 3 players won 4/5 seasons, Emmitt Smith (add 95), Jim Brown (add 1961), and OJ Simpson 72-73 and 75-76.

If I heard right, they said today he's like 2TD behind Eddie for 2nd in franchise history.. good grief
EG had 74 total TD, 64 rushing.
Campbell had 73 total, all rushing

Henry just surpassed CJ2K a couple games ago
He has 65 total, 62 rushing. Only 2 more rushing to tie EG.

CJ2K is #4. 58 total, 50 rushing.

Steep drop of to Hennigan who had 51 receiving TD from 1960-66.

Damn, how good was OJ!!!!? Just saying

He was a killer.

Henry has been such a bright spot in an otherwise disappointing offense. I love how we got him involved more in the passing game (except for Jacksonville for some reason) and if we can fix the passing game, this team can still be dangerous.

Enjoy watching #22 while we can, because we might not ever see another Titan wear that number again.

Wish this franchise didn’t run running backs into the ground. I’d rather them have Henry around longer than chase records We may not see it this year, but all these carries will catch up to him. Dude is a beast just wish they would look at the long term side of things, and at this rate he will be burnt out if we make the playoffs.

Shit we gotta retire 22 when Henry is done. Guys got all sort of records either topped or equaled. Best rb since Earl Campbell in our franchise. Didn't say Eddie because I believe he surpasses him.

**** we gotta retire 22 when Henry is done. Guys got all sort of records either topped or equaled. Best rb since Earl Campbell in our franchise. Didn't say Eddie because I believe he surpasses him.
Imagine having Henry instead of Eddie in the super bowl. :(

Henry might not be breaking out the 60 yard runs left and right yet (wait for the second half of the season), but he’s still the best running back this season. He leads in first downs and the Titans are top 5 in time of possession, which mean Henry constantly helps move the chains. Like the OT loss this season when we needed back to back conversations on 4th and a very long 1, everyone knew Henry was getting the ball and we didn’t hesitate or try to get fancy and just knew he would come through. All this with a banged up offensive line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back