Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the saints dont trade the pick to the jets or someone that might be interested in leinart we will get leinart im sure or if the saints keep that pick and take a brick or hawk or williams but im not sold on any of the qbs getting drafted although i would love them to but pick young use him like kordell and then give him the reigns in a couple of years. adds a big play threat to offense with size and speed just a thought.

u forgot cutler

ive heard chow say leinart doest have the arm or game palmer has & apparlently doesnt like young ,so it looks like trade down take cutler,because if leinart is there hes another pennington for jets weak arm & all,ive watched all vandys game cutler is a very good runner has a cannon,& has started since he was a freshman ,can take pouding & will throw ball in tight spots ,he doesnt have nearly talent young or leinart,take lenart to vandy he gets sackedd 6 times a game & doesnt last the year ,So we will trade down 1 spot with jets pick up a 3rd & take cutler.he has remined alot of scouts of favre

talldrinko said:
ive watched all vandys game cutler is a very good runner has a cannon,& has started since he was a freshman ,can take pouding & will throw ball in tight spots ,he doesnt have nearly talent young or leinart,take lenart to vandy he gets sackedd 6 times a game & doesnt last the year
The "other" option is strictly for Vandy homers.

Leinhart is a no brainer to me. He has all the intangibles to be ready faster than any of the other QB's. Young will have to make adjustments to be ready and he's not known as a pocket passer. I don't want another scrambling QB that spends half his career on the DL.

brian u are wrong

That is completly wrong,where he plays doesnt matter ,alot of scouts think cutler will be the best NFL QB,leinart & young are great too,but didnt they just play in national chapionship game with teams far better,brian i bet u have never seen cutler play,he had no running game ,not great ol & still put put great numbers hes tough & smart & a great runner also,check his stats,hes very durable & strong ,alot of games he was there leading rusher.

talldrinko said:
That is completly wrong,where he plays doesnt matter ,alot of scouts think cutler will be the best NFL QB,leinart & young are great too,but didnt they just play in national chapionship game with teams far better,brian i bet u have never seen cutler play,he had no running game ,not great ol & still put put great numbers hes tough & smart & a great runner also,check his stats,hes very durable & strong ,alot of games he was there leading rusher.
Being a homer isn't a bad thing - it just clouds your judgement. If you're drafting a pure QB, Leinart is your man. If you're drafting upside, Young is the choice, but it'll take time.

cutler sucks! i dont care if he has an amazing arm. he forces passes where they shoulndnt b thrown! simple! leniert is the prven guy who is a tom brady type of player. young i like, but he is a runner and its going to take to long 4 him to b decent in this league.

If Leinert is a Tom Brady type why would he go in the first. If I am not mistaken Tom Brady went in the 6th. Or did he only become "Tom Brady" after the draft. Is he like Tom Brady now or Tom Brady in college? Just a bit confusing.

Carpy said:
The only team that worries me is the Jets. I don't think anyone else will pay the price to trade up to #2, but the Jets could easily package John Abraham and jump us and take Leinart.
I could see Al Davis trading his entire draft, or close to it, to get Leinart at #2.

I voted for Leinart. I think he has great upside and maybe we can get that arm stronger somehow but i really dont think your arm needs to be that great in chow's offense. This is the first time i have choose Leinart in thinking about the better of the two. But either way ill be happy as long as one doesnt turn out way better then the other and we picked the bad one.

dman050586 said:
cutler sucks! i dont care if he has an amazing arm. he forces passes where they shoulndnt b thrown! simple! leniert is the prven guy who is a tom brady type of player. young i like, but he is a runner and its going to take to long 4 him to b decent in this league.

So, because he forces a few passes, he "sucks"? I hate hearing that. I can't throw the ball 70 yards, I can't run a 4.7 forty, and I haven't played college football, so I'm not going to say any of these prospects "sucks".

As for forcing passes, when you're carrying an entire team on your back, you're gonna force a few. Didn't they say the same thing about Farve? Cutler has a great arm, good mobility, and toughness. That's why he's my choice. Not because I'm a "Vandy homer". (Actually, I still have trouble comprehending the thought "We lost to Vandy")

Cutler will not be Brett Farve. Period. End of Story.

Young is not Vick.

Lienart could be Kenny Stabler. I can see Al Davis salavating. They took a K in the first round, so it's not out of the rhelm.

Never said he would be Farve. But wasn't forcing passes one of Farve's problems. Still, I'd rather have Leinart than Young, if Cutler is a non-factor.

dman050586 said:
cutler sucks! i dont care if he has an amazing arm. he forces passes where they shoulndnt b thrown! simple!

that is EASILY correctable
once he learns the reads and checks he'll be more careful

you can't teach arm strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back