Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we got Young and Williams, which would = SET AND MATCH, I wouldn't sweat any RB next year, Peterson included. His injuries bother me, besides.

I would then only worry about BPA next year.

ya he could be just another pacman which would really suck, because we dont have that offensive leadership to straighten him out

I read in The Sporting News a few weeks ago the Titan were intrested in him. If he's there at the top of the second, we're going to find out just how intrested they really are.

The article mentioned the Titans envisioning him as a "Eddie George" type back that could carry a load.

hmm, was eddie better than lendale was in college, cause eddie didnt to to much in pro and he was a heisman in college can anyone show me some college footage of eddie?

im talking about big time plays, i know he carried a full load and did a good job of it but he wasnt the big play guy like a reggie bush or tony dorsett and barry sanders

Not long ago, White was destined for Arizona, then he fell, and now he is in the pickings of the late 1st round.

Which, in fact, is actually a blessing

GhostZ said:
im talking about big time plays, i know he carried a full load and did a good job of it but he wasnt the big play guy like a reggie bush or tony dorsett and barry sanders
backs have their specialties. some are workhorses and others are playmakers. the exceptional ones are both.

eddie was the perfect fit for this team. a grind-it-out runner who controlled the clock and wore down defenses. that is something we have sorely missed the past five years.

with that said, i'm not a big fan of lendale. the reason eddie was the workhorse he was, was because of the way he took care of himself. he was one of, if not, the hardest worker on the team. he had a motivation and a drive that i don't see with lendale.

bigtitan53279 said:
backs have their specialties. some are workhorses and others are playmakers. the exceptional ones are both.

eddie was the perfect fit for this team. a grind-it-out runner who controlled the clock and wore down defenses. that is something we have sorely missed the past five years.

with that said, i'm not a big fan of lendale. the reason eddie was the workhorse he was, was because of the way he took care of himself. he was one of, if not, the hardest worker on the team. he had a motivation and a drive that i don't see with lendale.
that is true, but im more of a fan of a reggie bush, barry sanders type back that can just make something happen at any moment, and thats y he just didnt seem to be amazing to me, but i did like that he never fumbled the ball until his last season with us

I don't see any reason to draft LenDale in the 2nd. He seems to not understand the level of dedication that it takes to succeed at the RB position. I venture for anyone to name me one premier out of shape running back in the league. Jerome Bettis is the only one I can even think of and that was only at the tail end of his career where he was limited in his carries. Plus, he was just a freak of nature.

well i dont really see that we need him, since we have henry that can pick up those tough yards for us (or he is suppossed to be able to)

I still like the idea of trading back up for DeAngelo Williams. You can tell from his interviews that he is very concerned with the fundamentals, and properly working on his technique. He will probably have the best work ethic of the running backs. Maybe Bush, too, but we have very very little chance at him. I'd be willing in fact to give up next year's first to help us get him, as I don't think we could do much better than him in next year's draft at the position. (This is the Steve year, next is the Eddie - let's get them both out of the way now.)

GLinks said:
I still like the idea of trading back up for DeAngelo Williams. You can tell from his interviews that he is very concerned with the fundamentals, and properly working on his technique. He will probably have the best work ethic of the running backs. Maybe Bush, too, but we have very very little chance at him. I'd be willing in fact to give up next year's first to help us get him, as I don't think we could do much better than him in next year's draft at the position. (This is the Steve year, next is the Eddie - let's get them both out of the way now.)
kill two birds with one stone

I actually am a Junior over at the U of Memphis right now, so I've had the pleasure to watch DeAngelo for a while now. I picture him as a Tiki Barber (hopefully minus the fumblitis). I would be thrilled to get him on our team, but I don't think next year's first is an option. With the impending loss of McNair, possible trouble with Bulluck and Pac-Man, I don't think it would be wise to give away what is possibly a top 5 pick. Maybe next year's first with top 10 protection or our 2nd this year + next year's 2nd. I would love to see him in a Titan's uniform, but I doubt management would be willing to do what it would take.

maximus said:
Everywhere I have seen has him as a poor mans LT
i wouldnt say that about him, from what ive seen hes a very very good running back and i think that hes going to be real successful in the pros

i'd just assume keep our second round pick this year and our first next year and take the best back in '07. i like deangelo, but i dont think he's worth all of that. he's had some injuries and he has had a lot of carries.

I think I like DeAngelo better than any back in the draft. Well, except Bush of course.

If you're looking for a good football player with great character, this is your guy. He may be the most unselfish HB ever. All you have to is listen to the interviews after the game, and you can tell how great of a person he is. He definitely has the right attitude and work ethic to be a great player. I think he's gonna make some teams sorry for passing on him.

Back to LenDale. I know it's looked pretty bad for him since the Rose Bowl. However, I want you to go back and watch that game. Now tell me, other than Young, who stands out the most in that game? LenDale White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back