Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
White will hover around the late 1st rounders.

If he gets past the Steelers then, WOW, who would have thought that a couple of months ago

I love the pick! I think we got a major steal in getting Lendale, no one predicted that he would fall this low in the draft, and we even moved down and STILL got him.

I'm very pleased

OK, this is my official revocation. I wanted an olineman. I wanted an MLB. I did not think we needed help at RB. However, I'm excited. We have a dominant backfield that's deep, with lots of potential. We picked up two major offensive weapons today. I want to start a return to good old Titans smashmouth, runbased football. I want to make sure our line is strong enough, but we should be ready to go next august. WOW! Draft day is great!

from NFL Draft Countdown :

Averaged over 1,000 yards and 17 touchdowns in his three seasons as a Trojan despite splitting time at running back...Was overshadowed throughout his career by the flashier Reggie Bush but this guy is an excellent pro prospect in his own right...Has rare ability for such a big back and will remind some of Jerome Bettis.

Has outstanding size...An excellent goal line runner with a nose for the end zone...Has amazing feet and is pretty shifty for a guy his size...North / South runner with a burst who hits the hole with authority...Has good vision, instincts and body control...Very strong and a physical runner...A load to tackle who won't go down on first contact and always falls forward...Reliable receiver...Productive.

very nice

amazing!

this may be best value the titans have EVER gotten out of any draft pick. with him and brown in the backfield and their different styles, they'll help us contend this year.

other than the secondary, i'm really excited about this year's team!

NFL Network spent 15 minutes discussing this pick
i love getting air time !

time for Chow to light some fires under some RB arse

Gunny said:
didnt think we should or needed him (especially with a hammy) but I am happy with the pick and getting extra picks for him.

This was a superb pick. White is already the best short-yardage RB we got on the roster, and is probably the toughest (he's tough as nails apparently). He a lot more athletic than Travis Henry and has amazing footwork. He doesn't have CB's homerun acceleration, but he will get some key first downs and touchdowns, and is willing to grind out a lot of yards. Paired with Chow AND having a chip on his shoulder will light a fire under him and I'm calling it, he'll be taking a ton of carries away from both RBs.

Great pick.:brow:

Plus, honestly, we don't "need" him to be healthy right away. We have some time to let him get that hammy back up to speed. White is the new George....

thats correct
we have planty of time to allow LenDale to heal and to get his "ethic" in check. hopefully he can become a 3rd down / goalline back by mid-season

he says he should be ready by training camp, but please god dont let them rush him back.

What we dont need is another injury proned player, especially running back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back