Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does everyone realize that every Titan draft pick last year was on offense? I get that the offense was horrible (much of that can be blamed on coaching too) and we need to upgrade. We can't neglect the other side of the ball completely though or we will have a disaster of a defense in a year or two.

Not saying we have to go D on every pick, or in the first, we just cannot ignore it again. Our Secondary is trash, it will take FAs and draft picks to fix.

So, who are some of the defensive prospects you like? Interested in hearing about DBs because I don't seem to know them very well yet.

Up front, Brandon Dorlus is an interesting mid-high round prospect who could be replacement for Denico Autry. Undersized DL who can play inside and outside. Good to have guys like that next to the big boys.

Marvin Harrison only... lol

Starting to think we go LB in round 2, given our LB depth is pretty horrendous and we have done nothing to address it in FA so far. Gibbens and Murray just isn't a duo you can afford to run out there on a weekly basis.

Edgerrin Cooper and Jeremiah Trotter Jr. are 2 of my favorites. I really love Payton Wilson as well, but I worry about his durability. He definitely has some Luke Kuechly vibes though. He is just all over the field on tape.

I like Junior Colson and Cedric Gray as well, but not early in the 2nd round.
LB depth is cheap... plenty of LB depth gonna be available thru TC

LB depth is cheap... plenty of LB depth gonna be available thru TC

The problem isn't just depth. It's that we have 2 guys currently slotted in as starters who aren't really starter quality. Certainly Gibbens has no business starting NFL games unless he is filling in for injury.

Starting to think we go LB in round 2, given our LB depth is pretty horrendous and we have done nothing to address it in FA so far. Gibbens and Murray just isn't a duo you can afford to run out there on a weekly basis.

Edgerrin Cooper and Jeremiah Trotter Jr. are 2 of my favorites. I really love Payton Wilson as well, but I worry about his durability. He definitely has some Luke Kuechly vibes though. He is just all over the field on tape.

I like Junior Colson and Cedric Gray as well, but not early in the 2nd round.
Came here specifically to see who our ILB options are. Seems like we'll be targeting one day 2 or early day 3. I'm starting to really like Payton Wilson. Yes, the 4.43 40 is crazy and I love how he didn't seem surprised or even excited after he ran it. He also didn't look winded. What I'm really liking is that he's around the ball A LOT. He can stuff the run and cover:

2023 Stats
12 games: 138 tackles, 17.5 tackles for loss, 6.0 sacks, 9 passes defended, 3 interceptions, 1 fumble forced

With that 40, he will probably get over drafted. I don't know if top of the 2nd is wroth it, but he would be an awesome trade-down target. Going to keep my eye on seeing if we bring him in for an interview. Quite frankly, I wouldn't hate it if we reached a bit if the coaches think he can be a game changing LB.

Another tackling machine is Cedric Grey from UNC:
2023 Stats
12 games: 121 tackles, 11.0 tackles for loss, 5.0 sacks, 5 passes defended, 1 interception

He ran in the 4.6s. He had 145 tackles in 2022 and 99 as a Sophomore. That's consistency. He should be a more realistic target in the middle rounds.

disagree 100%... tons of LB depth will be cut during TC...

none will be anything to go out and buy a jersey over but no sense in signing the same guys to relative bigly contracts now

disagree 100%... tons of LB depth will be cut during TC...

none will be anything to go out and buy a jersey over but no sense in signing the same guys to relative bigly contracts now
We need a starter not depth
What bigly contracts are you talking about?
This is about drafting someone not singing a FA

ILB is a need, starter and depth. Hopefully they take one no later than 5th.

FS is a major need. That guy from Minnesota (late 1st/early 2nd) looks to be the only top FS prospect though the CB from Iowa could maybe be converted to FS.

Speaking of CB, depth sucks there too.

These are the reasons I hope we trade down.

DB is most likely going to be addressed in FA I would imagine. Our DC was the DB coach in raven-land and i think all the CBs there are free agents except marlon humphrey.

Well, that was the hope. So far though we signed one DB, who will be 29 when camp starts.

If we go S/CB, there a lots of good options with our 2nd pick too.

I was hoping Nate Wiggins would be a day 2 pick, but given he ran a 4.26 at the combine, I highly doubt he will be available at pick 38.

I have seen Cooper DeJean mocked anywhere from top 10 to mid 2nd round given that he is sort of a tweener CB/S and is coming off a major injury. If by chance he falls to us, I would run up to the podium with this pick. This kid is an absolute playmaker and a ballhawk. And he has great kick/punt return skills to boot. He reminds me so much of Honey Badger.

Obviously the Arnold, McKinstry, and Mitchell are on this list, but I don't envision any of them last to 38.

They seem to be focusing on man/press corners, which makes sense as that pairs well with Roger McCreary.

The Iowa CB is a straight zone guy so if they take him it's to play FS. Which I think he would do well with.

The CB I like in the second is DJ James from Auburn, who is considered the best man/press guy in the draft. He reminds me a lot of Samari Rolle, same skill set and body type. So he would need to be used a certain way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back