Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilmore is old but very reliable. If we miss out on the top CBs, I would love to bring him in. In fact, it may be more beneficial to bring in 2 solid vets like Gilmore and Awuzie for around 7-10 million each rather than pay someone like Sneed 15-20 million for the next 5 years.

Byard coming back is a real possibility....he has almost a 15 mil cap hit in 2024 and Eagles only have 20 mil in cap space. Byard would only be a 1.4 mil dead cap hit so I think he gets cut because he did not play well for them.

I'd bring Byard back on a 2-3 yr deal quickly if that happened. Should even be able to do so at a lower cap hit.

Edit:
Actually post June 1 designation it's only 346k dead cap. He's good as gone that's a 14 mil Cap savings for the Eagles

Byard coming back is a real possibility....he has almost a 15 mil cap hit in 2024 and Eagles only have 20 mil in cap space. Byard would only be a 1.4 mil dead cap hit so I think he gets cut because he did not play well for them.

I'd bring Byard back on a 2-3 yr deal quickly if that happened. Should even be able to do so at a lower cap hit.

Edit:
Actually post June 1 designation it's only 346k dead cap. He's good as gone that's a 14 mil Cap savings for the Eagles

I wouldn’t bring Byard back if he was free. WTF? 2-3 year deal? Are you joking? Again in my opinion this team needs to move on and get younger and cheaper and faster.

I wouldn’t bring Byard back if he was free. WTF? 2-3 year deal? Are you joking? Again in my opinion this team needs to move on and get younger and cheaper and faster.

Easy bro good grief...Byard is a good player still. He's 30 and has a couple good years left and if you can get him for a fraction of a price of say Winfield Jr or another FA safety ,then yes I would pull the trigger. That 80 mil in cap space is going to go quick with all the holes we have. I didn't say resign him for 15 mil a year For 5 yrs.

Easy bro good grief...Byard is a good player still. He's 30 and has a couple good years left and if you can get him for a fraction of a price of say Winfield Jr or another FA safety ,then yes I would pull the trigger. That 80 mil in cap space is going to go quick with all the holes we have. I didn't say resign him for 15 mil a year For 5 yrs.
I don't know man. Did you see him playing for Philly? He looked like a shell of his former self. Missed several tackles in their playoff game, something he never used to do. To me, it looks like Ran moved on from him at the perfect time.

However, it would be funny if we did resign him and Philly gave up 2 picks for him, just to leave after 1/2 a year.

I’m not so sure he’s still good either. Got a bit of that whiffin griffin going on.
I thought maybe a resurgence with the change to Philly, but he proved under a zoomed in microscope that something is not right.
Maybe with a change back to “hometown” (don’t think it’s really hometown) and new coaching, he could improve closer to an older form but I’m not counting on that.
Cheap deal at this point, nothing more.

Easy bro…. I’m good. Byard still ISNT a good player. Maybe Chris Dishman or Micheal Griffin are available.

Edit:
uuuhhh,,,, no thanks

byard should have played last couple of season like he had some good football left instead of looking like a guy just wanting to cash some checks

I don't know man. Did you see him playing for Philly? He looked like a shell of his former self. Missed several tackles in their playoff game, something he never used to do. To me, it looks like Ran moved on from him at the perfect time.

However, it would be funny if we did resign him and Philly gave up 2 picks for him, just to leave after 1/2 a year.
Titans should sign him for a day and make him wear a julio jones jersey

I’m not so sure he’s still good either. Got a bit of that whiffin griffin going on.
I thought maybe a resurgence with the change to Philly, but he proved under a zoomed in microscope that something is not right.
Maybe with a change back to “hometown” (don’t think it’s really hometown) and new coaching, he could improve closer to an older form but I’m not counting on that.
Cheap deal at this point, nothing more.
100% cuttable show me contract if any at all

He can't or won't tackle. No thank you

I like Snead but I really think you take him off the Chiefs and he will get the penalties called on him alot more. They get away with more than most teams when it comes to grabbing folks.

I like Snead but I really think you take him off the Chiefs and he will get the penalties called on him alot more. They get away with more than most teams when it comes to grabbing folks.
They, also, consistently draw the better officiating crews simply by being a draw for viewers. Those refs yesterday, let them play and did a good job controlling the game without being noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back