Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: For many Titans veterans, Sunday's game marks the final time they will be in two-toned blue. Among them are CB Tony Beckham, LB Rocky Boiman, S Tank Williams, C Justin Hartwig, LB Brad Kassell and DE Kyle Vanden Bosch are all unrestricted free agents next March and it appears the Titans will only work to retain KVB. Beckham has already appeared on the inactive list as the Titans want to see what Marcus Randall can do on special teams. Williams, who has played better of late, also has an uncertain future. "I just have to go out and play the best game I can play this last game, and let everything take its course," Williams said.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

you know what will happen, Tank will play a killer of a game against the Jags and we will resign him.

I can see it happening.

I heard a bit of Beckham's radio show the other nite, he definately sounds ready to leave.

That article didnt even address the other vets who wont be back. I think we'll see Brad Hopkins final game as a Titan (and possibly the last of his career) this Sunday too.

nigel said:
I heard a bit of Beckham's radio show the other nite, he definately sounds ready to leave.

I missed the show. What were the sentiments expressed?

Randall was mentioned above also. Would like to see him in some at safety to see what he can do also.

I think Tank has made some improvements since earlier this season. They say it takes about one full season to recover fully from a ACL injury and that's about what its been. He's been playing decsent. As for Hartwig, I say sorry about you luck. We've got to upgrade the Oline if were ever going to be good again. I'd try to keep KVB but I wouldn't break the bank trying to keep him. This is only one season and who knows what could happen next year. As for the rest of the guys, we have to get better. Period. There's gonna be some changes going into next year or people are going to start losing there jobs and I'm talking about Fisher and Reese. Rebuilding is rebuilding but you can't keep going out there and looking like crap every week. It'll be an interesting off season, I think.

The Titans might be able to keep Tank fairly cheap since I don't see other teams paying him much. But I think Reese will let him test the market first.

I can see Tank being brought back for cheap. We will probably look for an older vet and also look for some guys in the draft, but I can see Tank being resigned for something cheap with performance related incentives.

The Titans top priority is to rework Steve McNair's deal. Everything they do in the offseason will hinge upon if they can work out a Cap-friendly deal with McNair.

Other top priorties are to re-sign Kyle Vanden Bosch and Justin Hartwig--in that order--Argue with that all you want. A little birdie told me this morning that this is what the offical Titans thinking is right now.

Amano might be okay, but they'll draft another or get one via FA (more likely).

We're going to be drafting some LBs - that much seems clear now. If Kassel is gone, it'll be interesting to see if we move Sirmon to the middle and get someone like a Hawk or Greenway, or let him stay outside and get someone like Brooks.

Looks like the draft will be LBs, S, O-line -- that'll probably be over half our picks unless we pick some of them up in free agency. We'll be looking to draft the right QB, and another CB seems likely as well. I can't see keeping Beckham or Gardner anymore, even though Gardner has done a'ight on special teams as of late.

Depending on the min salary for Gardner, I think it might be worth keeping him for STs...LB and OL are both deep in this draft (seemingly), so it might be worth drafting the high profile in the 1st (even with a trade down), then filling in after that.

Safety may be worth a FA look. Anyone know if there's anyone on the horizon worth anything?

Peanuts

Gunny said:
I could see Tank staying for Peanuts and nothing more.
sku6414.jpg

Tank takes on greater role in special teams. :ha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back