Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope we keep tank actually, he's showed a lot of improvment from the beginning of the year and with a full offseaon of training and health for him, we could see a pretty rock solid man @ SS next year.

Our young talent just needs to grow and stick together thats all.

Bobo said:
I have a feeling that more guys may stay than lots of fans think need to go.

Wouldn't that put us in a tight situation money-wise? I got the impression from reading a few posts about our cap number that letting some guys go would almost be a necessity, unless they took a paycut. Maybe someone can clarify that.

Do you guys think Sirmon could be cut this offseason? I think he has a pretty decent sized cap number, and he can't seem to stay healthy. This draft is LOADED with LB talent in the first 2-3 rounds, so replacing him wouldn't be hard.

I guess it will depend on who we draft. If we draft Cutler in the 1st and a Safety in the 2nd (for example) we dont have a pick until the 4th, there may not be a good LB then, or one may drop.

who knows.

Pit Bull #53 said:
Wouldn't that put us in a tight situation money-wise? I got the impression from reading a few posts about our cap number that letting some guys go would almost be a necessity, unless they took a paycut. Maybe someone can clarify that.
The cap won't be a major problem this year once they get McNair's deal worked out and cut Olsen and Hopkins. They could re-sign Hartwig if he isn't too expensive.

Do you guys think Sirmon could be cut this offseason? I think he has a pretty decent sized cap number, and he can't seem to stay healthy.
It's possible, but I think it's more likely that they just alter his deal and keep him.

Pit Bull #53 said:

Do you guys think Sirmon could be cut this offseason? I think he has a pretty decent sized cap number, and he can't seem to stay healthy. This draft is LOADED with LB talent in the first 2-3 rounds, so replacing him wouldn't be hard.

Maybe they redo some contracts or resign some guys fairly cheap.

THE53 said:
Why don't we try to bring back Hartwig? I know we have Amano, but Hartwig is a pretty good center...

I hope that was sarcasm...because Hartwig is horrible. He sucks in the running game especially if you put a NT on him. I'd rather let him go and let Amano fill his spot or draft someone or get a FA pickup...Hartwig is not a good center at all.

I agree. Hartwig has had a couple of years to prove himself and I thought he had a terrible year. I was surprised we didn't see a change at center to see what Amano could bring. I see Hartwig as a valuable backup who can play most of the OL positions. He may be better at OG than center. He certainly doesn't deserve a big contract.

Gunny said:
I guess it will depend on who we draft. If we draft Cutler in the 1st and a Safety in the 2nd (for example) we dont have a pick until the 4th, there may not be a good LB then, or one may drop.

who knows.

Why would the Titans draft a safety when there were 2 perfectly good starters on the team and Lamont is definitely returning?! Bah!

elfinmagic53 said:
Why would the Titans draft a safety when there were 2 perfectly good starters on the team and Lamont is definitely returning?! Bah!
I think Elf it is a question of need. I know you can't remember game saving plays so I'll assume that you don't remember how badly the team hurts at that position evidenced by, gee, I don't know...the entire 2005 season. Well anyways, apart from a QB pick it is imperative that Reese select an impact safety and a dominating linebacker, preferably a LB that plays in the middle and is very solid in run stoppage.

ps- nice hooters. :kiss:

Soxcat said:
I agree. Hartwig has had a couple of years to prove himself and I thought he had a terrible year. I was surprised we didn't see a change at center to see what Amano could bring. I see Hartwig as a valuable backup who can play most of the OL positions. He may be better at OG than center. He certainly doesn't deserve a big contract.

Maybe they plan to use him at guard once they cut one of Piller/Olson. They may try Amano at center and move Hartwig back to his natural guard position. But I don't really see him being better in the run game, regardless of where positioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back