Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
H Man said:
Didn't Randall QB for LSU behind Mauck? I bet they ahve some interesting conversations.

I've never seen the Titans/Oilers do this, but with Sirmon probably gone -hasta la bye bye- and no experienced MLB...what do y'all think of a Calmus return for the legue minimum. I doubt it would happen...just wondering???

No.

NFL | Calmus out to prove he can still play
Sat, 15 Apr 2006 06:30:14 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports free agent LB Rocky Calmus (Colts) is out to prove he can still play in the NFL. The Indianapolis Colts have indicated they don't plan to re-sign Calmus for 2006 and his former team the Tennessee Titans are not interested at this time even though they don't have a proven middle linebacker on the roster. Calmus said "three or four teams" are keeping an eye on him, however, and he hopes to get a workout. "I can still play," he said. "I just need to prove it.'' Calmus has been plagued by injuries throughout his NFL career.

Marcus was signed from the practice to active squad. Coaches speak highly of his intelligence and athletic ability. They see a project in him and think that he will become an effective defensive player. The NFL isn't a benevolent business and wouldn't waste time re-signing a player to a contract that they knew in advance wouldn't make the team anyway. They save those spots for camp meat.

Wasn't Deangelo Hall an offensive player who was sent to NFL Europe and became a Pro Bowl cornerback? Apparently there is high confidence in Marcus' ability because he wasn't allocated to NFL Europe.

elfinmagic53 said:
Wasn't Deangelo Hall an offensive player who was sent to NFL Europe and became a Pro Bowl cornerback? Apparently there is high confidence in Marcus' ability because he wasn't allocated to NFL Europe.
No, DeAngelo Hall was a first round pick by the Atlanta Falcons out of Virginia Tech. He was drafted as a CB

elfinmagic53 said:

You must be thinking of someone else.... Hall was a top 10 pick out of Va Tech, and became an immediate starter for the Falcons.

GLinks said:
No.

NFL | Calmus out to prove he can still play
Sat, 15 Apr 2006 06:30:14 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, ... "I can still play," he said. "I just need to prove it.'' Calmus has been plagued by injuries throughout his NFL career.

Yeah, I had just read that earlier in the day and it got me to thinking...

Was the ,"No" about giving Calmus a shot, or Randall backing up Mauck? :)

Nine said:
You must be thinking of someone else.... Hall was a top 10 pick out of Va Tech, and became an immediate starter for the Falcons.
Maybe it was Dante' Hall. His name was Hall, but sometimes my brain's satellite dish is off.:irked:

H Man said:
Yeah, I had just read that earlier in the day and it got me to thinking...

Was the ,"No" about giving Calmus a shot, or Randall backing up Mauck? :)

About giving Calmus another shot after an entire year where he couldn't stay healthy.

Dante Hall did come out of NFLE, but his biggest contribution by far has been on kick returns and punt returns. (And he's one of the best I've ever seen in that department.)

I hate to break it to you, elfin, but.....well, he's really small...and really fast, too....once he gets going, it's over in a matter of seconds.....

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back