Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Since we are signing practice squad qbs...

Falcons QB Marcus Mariota leaves after benching; team unsure if he will return

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Marcus Mariota has left the team with no indication of “when or if” he will return, according to The Athletic’s Josh Kendall.

This news comes a day after head coach Arthur Smith announced that the team made a “performance based” decision to bench Mariota for third-round rookie Desmond Ridder ahead of the team’s Week 15 game against the New Orleans Saints.

Since we are signing practice squad qbs...

Falcons QB Marcus Mariota leaves after benching; team unsure if he will return

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Marcus Mariota has left the team with no indication of “when or if” he will return, according to The Athletic’s Josh Kendall.

This news comes a day after head coach Arthur Smith announced that the team made a “performance based” decision to bench Mariota for third-round rookie Desmond Ridder ahead of the team’s Week 15 game against the New Orleans Saints.
He is still under contract with the Falcons unless they release him.

sadly seems quite shady for MM7... I am still disappoint
yeah I am surprised and disappointed.

I did not like Mariota, and through arguing with people who loved Mariota it became a personal dislike as well. I had to read the article full twice before I believed it though. I would have never thought Mariota would walk out on his team.

Dude had a baby and then knee surgery. I don't think he "walked out" on the team. Maybe took a few days to reflect on what he needed to do.

I was honestly hoping he could somewhat resurrect his career. But looks like he is what he is at this point. But he'd still be a great option at backup QB, IMO.

Dude had a baby and then knee surgery. I don't think he "walked out" on the team. Maybe took a few days to reflect on what he needed to do.

I was honestly hoping he could somewhat resurrect his career. But looks like he is what he is at this point. But he'd still be a great option at backup QB, IMO.
when you say "resurrect his career" do you mean getting back to the 150 yards 1 td games? I think he has been pretty real consistent for 150 yards 1 td games.

when you say "resurrect his career" do you mean getting back to the 150 yards 1 td games? I think he has been pretty real consistent for 150 yards 1 td games.
Mariota had a couple of good years. He showed flashes. But apparently that was probably his ceiling. Still would be a better back up than a lot of teams have...including TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back