Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly he's a dick, players don't like him, and he was never on time. I originally wanted him, now I think I'll pass. Don't really see vrabel admitting defeat on the whole dc thing anyway
Interesting. Can you post anything supporting that? It's just surprising since he came from papa Bill who would never tolerate that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Patricia is one of theose guys who they make a great DC but not a HC. Id approve it if JRob actually hires him. JRob has missed on a few choices but all GMs do. Hes done more right than wrong so if it happens we should be good. Hes been a good DC before.

Players didnt like him cause he showed them videos of Cam Newton dancing after plays and they were like thats cool, whys Patricia trying to clown Newton....

Thats just one example Ive heard

Tbh our defense is pretty basic and doesn't look like anything fancy so yea he prob could walk in and call. Dont think vrabs would like the idea someone else coming in to call plays as it looks bad on him. Definitely would be a good idea as a consulting capacity to finish the year and coordinate next year.

From what rapaport said on nfl network he didn't call majority of the plays in detroit and he won the locker room back the start of this season.

Head coaches hire who they want, not the GMs

As I said in response to someone else who said the same thing, generally yes. But if there is a significant weakness, a GM can force a coaches hand. If Vrabel didn’t want to hire a DC and JRob saw that as a problem he could make him do it. Now he might not make him sign Patricia, but he could make him sign a DC. There are plenty of examples of GMs forcing coaches to make certain coaching hires or firings.

As I said in response to someone else who said the same thing, generally yes. But if there is a significant weakness, a GM can force a coaches hand. If Vrabel didn’t want to hire a DC and JRob saw that as a problem he could make him do it. Now he might not make him sign Patricia, but he could make him sign a DC. There are plenty of examples of GMs forcing coaches to make certain coaching hires or firings.
Are there?

Are there?

Yep. Pretty sure Jack Pardee was forced to hire Buddy Ryan. There are plenty of coaches who have saved their job by firing their OC or DC and hiring a different one—that directive comes from the GM. GMs have the ultimate power over the coach and even his staff.

Didn’t Mularkey basically get fired because he wouldn’t move on from Robiske?

Last edited by a moderator:
This whole opportunity hinges on the relationship between Patricia and Vrabel; and what he has to offer the team. If he can bring value to the team it would be silly to not bring him on board for a play off run.

Yep. Pretty sure Jack Pardee was forced to hire Buddy Ryan. There are plenty of coaches who have saved their job by firing their OC or DC and hiring a different one—that directive comes from the GM. GMs have the ultimate power over the coach and even his staff.

Didn’t Mularkey basically get fired because he wouldn’t move on from Robiske?
Mularkey wasnt hired by the GM tho

Not sure that relationship is worth counting

Mularkey wasnt hired by the GM tho

Not sure that relationship is worth counting

The GM is the face of the owner. He was involved in the firing. So if you want to split hairs ok. My point is there are time when the GM/owner can force a coaches had regarding coaches on the staff. Are you saying that can’t or doesn’t happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back