Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mawae is one of the best in the game. He had injury problems last year, but this could be the best signing we have made in a long time. I hope he has all 4 years in that tank (although I doubt he does). What a great move! Mawae > Hartwig...(when healthy).

I like the tradeoff!

Starkiller said:
He may or may not be at his former pro bowl level, but I'll wager that he's still damned good...

He makes the offensive instantly credible. He adds a toughness, attitude and demeanor on the field that defenses will have to respect.

His signing is HUGE when you consider his resume & (as somone pointed out) what he did for Curtis Martin's career. He is a proven difference-maker & IMHO as we look back at the all of the free agents we signed this year, Mawae will be the most important of all!

MadAboutMcNair said:
Just ask Randall Godfrey.

McMVP has a say in it. If he don't take the pay cut and early - Godfrey style - then the Titans probably don't release McMVP till the eve of paying him his signing bonus in SEPTEMBER. All the QB jobs will be filled by then. Realistically McNair needs to realize he probably will not get the 9m and shoot for whatever he can get. 5-6m seems about right to me but it is looking like 9m just ain't gonna happen.

The only knock on Mawae is his age, but if we don't have a capable center on the current roster, I think it was a good pickup freeing us to use a late round pick on a future center.

metal957 said:
Great call and that is what we are going to do

How does this year C-group looks like this year? - I'm pretty sure the 2nd rounder goes to the O-line, but whether it's gonna be a guard (like Max Jean-Gilles) or something else, I really haven't got the insight of the pool to say.

One thing I like about this move is that a new franchise qb selected in the draft will have the chance to work with one of the best. That's awesome. I really feel that can be such a help for our new qb on his way to becoming an elite playmaker. Plus he can teach McNair how to get a clean exchange under center.:ha:

It's funny, I had always heard that Mawae was a bit of a dirty player, but reading his interview on Titansonline, he sounds like a class act. Someone who definetly can and will help the younger players.

Brian said:
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. He's a Hall of Fame center. Something we haven't seen since Bruce Matthews.
Thats exactly what I thought when I heard about the signing - we finally replaced Bruce. A guy like Mawae will bring the line together - everyone will improve including Brown and Henry. Also all the O line youth have a hall of famer to learn from...work ethic, how to carry themselves. We're finally bringing in leaders. Mawae and Munch together will have a huge effect on the tackels this year and the run game just might be sick if they can stay healthy.

That would be incredible if we can rise from the bottom in the run game. Everyone's been saying it (and I haven't been able to post since this morning) but the resemblance as a player to Matthews is what struck me first. I'm very excited about what this means for our offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back