Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Did you see the Sunday night game? Is Michael Vick a disappointment or what? He looked like he had no interest in playing in that game. He does know that he can run down the field if he's flushed out of the pocket?

JDee

Scrambling will do him no good; the Bears Defense is equally athletic....he tried that, btw, and had something like 26 yards rushing.

i don't get it when someone actually realizes that Vick is suck master

he may be one of the best RUNNERS in this league, but he is also one of the worst PASSERS. I actually thought that he was starting to grasp that offense a little better - he looked good in pre-season

Atlanta's best QB is Matt Schaub

MIchael Vick is pure hype

rant over

Mike Vick can become a better passer; it's going to take time. I thought he had some really nice throws, accurate throws at that, but he also had some bad ones(a few could be blamed on the wind, but eh).With that said, doesn't Atlanta have a bunch of light and quick linemen? Might be good for when he wants to scramble, but they were getting dominated by the Bears frontline. Maybe thats an area they look to upgrade. Mike has two really promising Recievers in White and Jenkins. Once he clicks with those two and they have another year or two of maturity under their belts, he'll start to mature as a passer. Another thing, I think Vicks starting to slowly realize that he can't run first, throw second in his position and that teams are finally realizing how to contain his scrambling.

EDIT: One thing I never noticed is Mike Vick is 6 ft. tall. Could be one of the reasons why he has little success throwing and has alot of balls tipped at the line of scrimage.

mike vick will become a better passer. it happened to mcnair, culpepper, mcnabb and cunningham. once he gets closer to 28-30 and he cant take those hits like he does now, he'll be forced to learn.

Vick is in his 5th year and statistically is showing no progress (his best year passing was 2002, rating, TD/int, yards). IMO he will dead and buried before he becomes much better. If he keeps playing teams like the Bears he may see his career come to an early end.

bigtitan53279 said:
mike vick will become a better passer. it happened to mcnair, culpepper, mcnabb and cunningham. once he gets closer to 28-30 and he cant take those hits like he does now, he'll be forced to learn.

Like Sox said, 5th year, still sucks. He wasn't much of a passer in college either. McNair and Culpepper showed what kinda passers they were in college, and were better early in their NFL careers. Vick is the most overrated player in the league.

Maybe he can become a better passer, but the fact is he still sucks as a passer, and that has been the truth for a long time. Two 1st round WR's, a top TE, a very good rushing game, he's been in the system for awhile now....better do it soon.

He had happy feet last night. He didn't give his receivers chance to get off the line before he was scrambling with no pressure in front of him. It's decisions like that; Grossman had it in abundance. Get the ball and looking through his reads and Grossman is only a 3rd year with 2 years out

And Grossman hasn't hardly played his first three years because of injuries.
Of course if Vick played against the Titans he would have a career day.

you can't blitz Vick - MbSGWb Schwartz

ok I admit I made that quote up, but only cause Altanta was not on the schedule this year

bigtitan53279 said:

Steve McNair was one of college's most prolific passer
he set over 40 NCAA records
Culpepper was above average
McNabb was not quite near as good, I Still don't think he's an elite NFL QB

Vick isn't even in McNabb's class - now or then
and he never will be. he just doesn't have the mechanics
by the time he hits 30 it'll be too late to learn

I liken Vince Young to Mike
electric runner ..... marginal passer - at best

but nothing says you have to be able to pass to be successful

In Young's case, he's shown that he is committed to improving his mechanics and becoming a better passer. I would like to see Young here if he comes out. Being behind a guy like Steve for a year or two and let Chow work with him on his Mechanics could do him a world of good. Young could be as dangerous as Vick, but a much better passer. Personally, I think Young could be more a Randall Cunningham then a Vick.

Vick always struggles with Da Bears, largely b/c Urlacher has the speed to spy on him, keep him in check. Throw in the fact that Atl is a dome team playing in the snow at Soldier Field...it was to be expected.

I'm all for either Young or Cutler, I just want #9 to stay around until he's ready (a la Favre- which, I realize isn't a good comparison right now, but still). I would also like for an upgrade to the D, somehow. LB? S?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back