Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeutschTitan said:
I dunno about Cutler. He's to much of a gambler for my liking and tends to get careless with his throws some times.

Cutler is probably the better "true" passer of the top 5 QB's coming out

yes, he took some chances - he had to
he also put Vanderbilt in position to win ballgames
it's all about the win

When your the QB at Vandy you have to take some risks if your going to win games in the SEC. I wouldn't be disapointed if we drafted Cutler. He's smart, we know that. Some questions arrise about his over all ability and I think it's just a Vandy thing stuffed in the back of my mind. Hell, now days it's hard to pin point true talent when you trying to find a QB. If you look at all the QB's taken over that last few years there's been some good and some bad. David Carr was supposed to be the next super star and for whatever reason he's suck's. Same with Harrington in Detroit. Phillip Rivers is on the bench. Simms is terrible down in Tampa (though a third round draft pick still a risky pick). It's a huge gamble no matter who you take, there just aren't any gaurantees anymore and it seems like judging a QB's talent is the hardest thing for these scouts to do. Two perfect examples: Tom Brady - UDFA & Ryan Leaf-1st pick horrible bust.

Both Tom Brady and Marc Bulger came out of the same draft in the 6th round (kind of odd considering the number of busts or players not played at all taken before them both).

thnom said:
Both Tom Brady and Marc Bulger came out of the same draft in the 6th round (kind of odd considering the number of busts or players not played at all taken before them both).

THAT is why I don't buy all this draft pick crap.

avvie said:
THAT is why I don't buy all this draft pick crap.

Marc Bulger is having trouble staying on the field here as of late and another late round selection is coming in and doing just as good a job recently. I'd say Brady is the only stand out of late round QB's. Although, wasn't Trent Green a late round selection or UDFA?

actually... it was the 8th rd.
the stat confused me until i realized back then there were more than 7 rounds... in '92 there were 12 rds.

paraconspiracy said:
what is this... vicks second or third probowl?

i dont get it man

yep, you - me - and every NFL observer outside of Atlanta

he gets in PURELY on entertainment value
I'm actualy surprised the caoches and players vote him in

but then again who else is there in the NFC ?

Matt Hasselbeck - made it
Eli
Drew
Mark Brunell
Jake Delhomme - made it

all are having better years (statistically ... and then some)

IMO, Mark Brunell should have made 2nd team hands down
but thats just me (and alot of Redskins fans)
Mark Bruneel also shoulda got Comeback Player of the Year

Mike Vick to the ProBowl is a conspiracy , plain and simple
he's only thrown 13 TD's to go along with 12 INT's - that just sux

conspiracy you say???? for certain
i would bet my right arm theres more to him getting in besides the votes....
its just gonna take these idiots that have been hyping him up for so long 2 more horrible years to realize he's just another Slash...just a bit faster.

the media wants so bad for a qb with the "complete package" that they are willing to hype up anybody who looks like they can run at the qb spot... starting to get prett pathetic.

he wont improve as a passer... too short... to dumb... bad mechanics.

i wish he would... i wish the guy could throw like manning and run like himself... but he wont... he never will... he cant even pass as good as Slash could.

Damn good madden player though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back