Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulluckfan said:
Nice list, but I am saying you can only count players AFTER the NFLE started. Otherwise it's an unfair comparison. So when was that? 92? Besides the question is which has better players RIGHT NOW, right? In other words, is your team better off looking at the CFL or the NFLE for players to bring into camp. I'd say it's a toss up, but apparently teams favor the NFLE.

well I disagree. 56 CFL players were signed by NFL teams in the winter time, and most are still with the club (well that's a little obvisous as TC hasn't opened yet but it's still good to see)

And remember that most NFLE players are already with NFL teams and they're on loan to the NFLE. Most CFL players weren't drafted, yet they make it in the NFL after a CFL, sometimes as starters (Former Dolphin OL Mark Dixon is a good example of that)

GhostZ said:
what is different about the rules in both of the leagues?

Well, you know about the NFL rules...

What stands out with the CFL is two things: 3 downs instead of 4, and the field is 110 yards long (and the end zones are 25-yards deep). In the CFL, the field is also 55 yards wide, much wider than the NFL field.

Also, in the CFL, you can return a missed FG (a lot of them are returned for TDs in the CFL). You can also score single points (on punts or FGs that are not returned or go out of the end zone)

We have little differences in penalties too. We have a penalty called "No yards", which means a team could get penalized 5 or 15 depending on the play. These happen on punts. If you're within 5 yards of the kick returner AFTER he catches the ball, you're penalized 5 yards. But if you hit him when (or right before) he gets the ball, meaning you're less than 5 yards from the returned while the ball's in the air, you're penalized 15.

Offsides in the CFL also don't result in free plays.

We don't call our penalties the same. A false start is called a timecount violation. Unnecessary roughness is called objectional conduct.

There's a few more, but you get the idea...

Sledge said:
And remember that most NFLE players are already with NFL teams and they're on loan to the NFLE.
alot of those allocated players are not up to snuff anyways. many become nothing. I imagine some might get lucky and end up in the cfl. remember that nfle is a developmental league that specializes in international relations, with the national players and all. half it's mission is to spread Americanized football as well as develop talent. I don't know if a true market will ever materialize. It's hard to imagine 50 years from now. You might find some real standout talent in the nfle, but those are the few that come out and really find a place in the "show" to borrow from baseball talk. (so to speak). Comparing the nfle and cfl is not even apples to oranges. It's more like pear to eggplant.

The nfl will only take the best talent from the cfl.
no one leaves the nfl for the cfl.

being good, without negativity... Williams is a mess.
That is why he is there.
I'm a master bs'er.

Michi40 said:
For what i´ve seen here with the Dragons

someone has not been doing half their jobs.
perhaps.. but do you agree with that being part of it's purpose?

btw- css has been running cfl on comcast cable.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
The nfl will only take the best talent from the cfl.
no one leaves the nfl for the cfl.

That depends. Some players who are or were in the CFL were on NFL rosters and just came over cuz they wanted to play (Dave Dickenson, Doug Flutie, Robert Edwards, etc.)

Back in the 70s and 80s it was a different stories. FA and/or holdouts often bolted to the CFL as the salaries were practically the same. Of course, those days are over, it's unfortunate for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back