Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her 1.6 billion is nothing compared to 10+ billion other owners have. Yes a billion is a lot to you and me, in the NFL owners circle it’s near the bottom, just like our franchise
She is in the bottom 10 of NFL billionaires. She isn’t limited in what she needs to do the make the team run efficiently.

Big Jeff was told they don’t know where the money is going to come from. We have plenty of cap opening up. I don’t believe AAS has the cash flow to put the guaranteed money in escrow. This is limiting the team, big Jeff isn’t going to say that without being told no matter what report comes out after.

It’s not about her personal wealth. The Titans have $500 million in revenue per year. AAS is worth $1.6 Billion, the team $3.5 billion. She doesn’t foot the bill out of her own pocket for salaries. But the Titans have enough money to sign whoever they want. Remember the Cap is a hard cap.

Big Jeff was told they don’t know where the money is going to come from. We have plenty of cap opening up. I don’t believe AAS has the cash flow to put the guaranteed money in escrow. This is limiting the team, big Jeff isn’t going to say that without being told no matter what report comes out after.
Simmons was told that based on cap space at the time. It wasn’t about ultimately resigning him, it was about signing him this past offseason. We will cut many high dollar low performing players this year and get the cap back in line. There is a good reason JR is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a bad thread? Maybe. I can totally see why AAS is popular. She has done some things that were very good. But I think there is some validity to the suggestion that AAS is not a particularly good owner when you consider all factors.

Sort of like how people around here thought JRob was a good GM because he wasn't as terrible as some of the Titans' previous GMs. But in the end he was still a below-average GM. People just don't know what a good GM actually looks like, and I feel like some around here don't really know what a truly good owner looks like.

Is AAS poor? Of course not. But she is kind of poor as far as NFL owners go. And net worth is not a very good way to assess her functional wealth. The vast majority of it is tied up in the team's value, which is not cash she can spend unless she sells the team (duh).

I also think there are some real concerns about whether she is a good leader. She seems to hire some bad people. And the Titans' operation, from analytics to sports science to good ol X's and O's doesn't seem up to date with the best teams in the NFL.

I don't really have a conclusion here. Just think people aren't considering that the original post might have something of a point.
disagree

Fake news

Not sure you can call anyone worth 1.6 billion poor...regardless of what others in the industry have.

Cuts will be made, Simmons will be re-signed, no way in hell do they not do that after the AJ Brown backlash. I can see Tannehill restructuring to free up more to improve the OL and WR core....all will be right in Nashville again....for me, it was a big step in the firings today

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure you can call anyone worth 1.6 billion poor...regardless of what others in the industry have.

Cuts will be made, Simmons will be re-signed, no way in hell do they not do that after the AJ Brown backlash. I can see Tannehill restructuring to free up more to improve the OL and WR core....all will be right in Nashville again....for me, it was a big step in the firings today
Actually a perfect time for a GM change if you're going to do it. There's plenty of fat to trim to get the cap in order plus 11th pick in the draft. All in all, it should work out if the new GM is any count.

Actually a perfect time for a GM change if you're going to do it. There's plenty of fat to trim to get the cap in order plus 11th pick in the draft. All in all, it should work out if the new GM is any count.

Yah, you don't want to wait too long to fire a GM or else you are stuck with them until after the draft.

Remember that year the Bill's fired their GM the day after the draft? They would've done it sooner but needed him for the draft.

Titans are set up better this way

For those posting legit argument for or against AAS’s wealth, please know the OP is a troll.

This entire thread is just a troll job.

Yah, you don't want to wait too long to fire a GM or else you are stuck with them until after the draft.

Remember that year the Bill's fired their GM the day after the draft? They would've done it sooner but needed him for the draft.

Titans are set up better this way
Yeah, wouldn't make much sense to have JRob run the draft if you think he's the one that got you in the mess in the first place.

Plus, most GMs come in to cap hell. Theres some really easy cuts to get the Titans some breathing room. I think Simmons is about the only guy that needs to get paid...other than that, unload a bunch of unproductive/overpaid guys and try to fill the voids in FA and the draft.

Yeah, wouldn't make much sense to have JRob run the draft if you think he's the one that got you in the mess in the first place.

Plus, most GMs come in to cap hell. Theres some really easy cuts to get the Titans some breathing room. I think Simmons is about the only guy that needs to get paid...other than that, unload a bunch of unproductive/overpaid guys and try to fill the voids in FA and the draft.

Would be good to pay Long. Certainly does not need Simmons level money though.

Would be good to pay Long. Certainly does not need Simmons level money though.
Yeah I looked up pending FAs and Long and Simmons are the only ones that really stood out.

Read an article where Keith Bullock said he thinks the Titans need to resign him. The article claimed 5m-6m a year would be his market value.

Yeah I looked up pending FAs and Long and Simmons are the only ones that really stood out.

Read an article where Keith Bullock said he thinks the Titans need to resign him. The article claimed 5m-6m a year would be his market value.

If they can get him for that they better do it.

Re-signing Nate Davis would be good too

If they can get him for that they better do it.

Re-signing Nate Davis would be good too
Top 10 pay for linebackers is between 10-19m. Didn't realize LBs were making that kind of dough. Not 19m/yr anyway. Cunningham is making 11m. Save 8m cutting Cunningham and give some of it to Long, imo.

And Davis may be worth keeping, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back