Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Khabib bih ass went back to Russia and ducked tony... that’s how I see it.

#FakeChamp
Who knows. Supposedly he was told the fight would be in Abu Dhabi, so he decided to go train there.

Tony stayed here. I'm not sure why he thought he had to do there a month early.

Honestly I'm not even very disappointed. I knew the fight wasn't gonna happen. I didn't wanna see it in some lame no audience room anyway.

Fight was supposed to take place in UAE. Khabib and his team flew there a month before the fight: March 19/20 time frame. They were told that borders were closed and forced to fly back to Dagestan. Borders are closed everywhere just like in USA.

Tony can try to spin it how he wants to, fight wasn't going to happen in UAE no matter what. Don't think anybody was "ducking" anyone but someone who has no idea about mma might disagree....

This is the fight that shoulda happened anyway. Gaethje vs Ferguson and winner fights Khabib.

It's fate!
How shitty though if Ferguson loses. He's deserved this shot for so damn long. That said, I'm a Gaethje fanboy so I'd be rooting for him regardless if that's the fight that happens. I've always wanted to see Gaethje Khabib anyway.

How ****** though if Ferguson loses. He's deserved this shot for so damn long. That said, I'm a Gaethje fanboy so I'd be rooting for him regardless if that's the fight that happens. I've always wanted to see Gaethje Khabib anyway.

zero reason for Tony to take that fight. None whatsoever ever. Literally taking his championship stock and potentially throwing it away. Not a chance.

And they can’t go the interim title route either... cuz literally he already is and stripped.

zero reason for Tony to take that fight. None whatsoever ever. Literally taking his championship stock and potentially throwing it away. Not a chance.

And they can’t go the interim title route either... cuz literally he already is and stripped.

fighters fight man no reason for Conor to take on Diaz the first time when he lost but he still did....

That fight had no title fight implications for Connor and was just a $ grab for all parties.
You being fake news bra?

Nate Diaz shook up the world. The longtime UFC veteran stepped into the most monumental fight of his career, when he took a short-notice headliner against Conor McGregor at UFC 196. Originally, McGregor was supposed to face then-lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos

You being fake news bra?

Nate Diaz shook up the world. The longtime UFC veteran stepped into the most monumental fight of his career, when he took a short-notice headliner against Conor McGregor at UFC 196. Originally, McGregor was supposed to face then-lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos

Did they fight at lightweight? No.

Tony fighting Gaethje is like if dos anjos dropped out and Connor fought the number 3 guy... when he was already in line for the title shot. Going up a weight class is different. Doesn’t have the same implications.

Tony fighting Gaethje (for nothing) is bad business. This is why typically when you have these situations they come along with an interim belt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Man from a logical standpoint I totally agree. Thing is Tony is legit batshit insane. I could see him just being like yeah I wanna fight somebody.

I hope you realize my original post (as with many) is me playing the antagonist.

Wonder what changed with khabib’s ability to leave Russia tho.

The location has to be set by probably tomorrow if they are going to abide by most countries 14 day quarantine rule. And the fighters would need to be traveling ASAP if outside the US.

Yea man I’m just providing any article I can about the fight please do the same, I don’t even know what is the truth going on with this fight....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back