Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferguson/Gaethje confirmed. At least we getting a banger.

dumbest f’n fight ever tbh. And another “interim” for Tony... straight up the dumbest I’ve seen besides the Tiger king on Netflix.

cant wait to see the first ever DOUBLE INTERIM CHAMP! Woooooo this is dumb

dumbest f’n fight ever tbh. And another “interim” for Tony... straight up the dumbest I’ve seen besides the Tiger king on Netflix.

cant wait to see the first ever DOUBLE INTERIM CHAMP! Woooooo this is dumb
I definitely don't get it from Tony's perspective. But like I said earlier, dude is absolutely insane so I'm not all that surprised. If Gaethje wins.... lordy.

I definitely don't get it from Tony's perspective. But like I said earlier, dude is absolutely insane so I'm not all that surprised. If Gaethje wins.... lordy.

dana has to be deep throating tony to save this ppv because this makes literal zero sense. Especially the idea that we gonna crown a fuggin interim champ... when did tony lose it again? Oh that’s right...

I’m not even sure how that’s supposed to placate tony?

Lastly what happened with the whole khabib could leave Russia stuff now? Decided nah?

dana has to be deep throating tony to save this ppv because this makes literal zero sense. Especially the idea that we gonna crown a fuggin interim champ... when did tony lose it again? Oh that’s right...

I’m not even sure how that’s supposed to placate tony?
Man I'm not even joking when I say I think Tony is a psychopath whose main concern is simply fighting and beating whoever is across from him. I mean no doubt he wants the title. But after training for the Khabib fight for this long I had little doubt he would take whatever consolation fight was thrown his way.

Lastly what happened with the whole khabib could leave Russia stuff now? Decided nah?
I saw he posted a long thing on social media a few days back basically saying he didn't feel it was safe to fight with all that's going on. And I don't really blame him even though he'll take a ton of shit and folks will say he's just ducking Tony. Honestly having this card right now, even on a "private island somewhere on earth" seems highly irresponsible imo. I'm obviously gonna watch. But still.

Man I'm not even joking when I say I think Tony is a psychopath whose main concern is simply fighting and beating whoever is across from him. I mean no doubt he wants the title. But after training for the Khabib fight for this long I had little doubt he would take whatever consolation fight was thrown his way.

I saw he posted a long thing on social media a few days back basically saying he didn't feel it was safe to fight with all that's going on. And I don't really blame him even though he'll take a ton of **** and folks will say he's just ducking Tony. Honestly having this card right now, even on a "private island somewhere on earth" seems highly irresponsible imo. I'm obviously gonna watch. But still.

like 5 days ago he was like “send location” though. I do agree it’s irresponsible af. Lhabib probably doesn’t want to fight in sub optimal conditions and I get that but he’s changed his story multiple times now.

and clearly Tony is wonked. Probably also needs the check. Fight still infuriating ESPECIALLY when they add in this interim bullshït. Man hasn’t lost since he won his last interim...

like 5 days ago he was like “send location” though. I do agree it’s irresponsible af. Lhabib probably doesn’t want to fight in sub optimal conditions and I get that but he’s changed his story multiple times now.
Yeah he's definitely flip flopped. But end of the day I can't really blame him one bit. Defending his title against easily the most dangerous dude in the division, with all that's going on, and Dana can't even tell him where the fight is taking place less than 2 weeks out? I'd be out too.

and clearly Tony is wonked. Probably also needs the check. Fight still infuriating ESPECIALLY when they add in this interim bullshït. Man hasn’t lost since he won his last interim...
TBH I hate interim titles to begin with. The organization has proven time and again that they are completely meaningless. They only exist as some lame attempt to add shine to non-title fight PPVs.

Yeah he's definitely flip flopped. But end of the day I can't really blame him one bit. Defending his title against easily the most dangerous dude in the division, with all that's going on, and Dana can't even tell him where the fight is taking place less than 2 weeks out? I'd be out too.

TBH I hate interim titles to begin with. The organization has proven time and again that they are completely meaningless. They only exist as some lame attempt to add shine to non-title fight PPVs.

Yea Lhabib has an out, but I’m not particularly impressed by it I guess. If you were gonna back out, don’t say send location send location send location. Just back out and stick to it. Especially considering THIS particular fight.

and yup, interim chips are completely bogus.

Yea Lhabib has an out, but I’m not particularly impressed by it I guess. If you were gonna back out, don’t say send location send location send location. Just back out and stick to it. Especially considering THIS particular fight.

and yup, interim chips are completely bogus.
He hasn't handled it well for sure. I bet the "send location" thing was just him getting riled up by all the online chatter about ducking. As weird as it looks, I just have a very hard time believing he is in any way shape or form scared of Tony or actively trying to avoid the fight. Just a real fucked up situation.

Man I hope no Covid sneaks into that card. Be a tough one for Dana/UFC to live down. But if he's really planning on having fights every weekend at this island it's probably only a matter of time.

He hasn't handled it well for sure. I bet the "send location" thing was just him getting riled up by all the online chatter about ducking. As weird as it looks, I just have a very hard time believing he is in any way shape or form scared of Tony or actively trying to avoid the fight. Just a real ****ed up situation.

Man I hope no Covid sneaks into that card. Be a tough one for Dana/UFC to live down. But if he's really planning on having fights every weekend at this island it's probably only a matter of time.

“Scared of Tony” - No. But his competition really hasn’t been very good either. Poirier, one dimensional Connor, Al Aiquinta. - All championship fights. Since 2018. I’d say EASILY Tony is the most dangerous fighter he’s gonna face. Maybe he mauls him all the same but I don’t think Lhabib is looking to take the fight in anything besides the most optimal conditions. Not exactly ducking but for sure being cautious.

Cough*Pu$$y*Cough

and weekly fights at this island? That sounds hella sketch tbh

“Scared of Tony” - No. But his competition really hasn’t been very good either. Poirier, one dimensional Connor, Al Aiquinta. - All championship fights. Since 2018. I’d say EASILY Tony is the most dangerous fighter he’s gonna face. Maybe he mauls him all the same but I don’t think Lhabib is looking to take the fight in anything besides the most optimal conditions. Not exactly ducking but for sure being cautious.

Cough*Pu$$y*Cough
For sure it's his most dangerous fight ever. Sounds like we're on the same page mostly. I agree he doesn't want to fight in sub-optimal conditions. It's just that, I really don't blame him for that. Dana kinda backed himself into a corner by insisting for the past two months that this fight would "100% happen". To the point that he's talking no audience and private islands. It's kind of a joke tbh.

and weekly fights at this island? That sounds hella sketch tbh
That's what he said anyway. But he says a lot of things so who knows. I am super surprised how big this upcoming card is though.

For sure it's his most dangerous fight ever. Sounds like we're on the same page mostly. I agree he doesn't want to fight in sub-optimal conditions. It's just that, I really don't blame him for that. Dana kinda backed himself into a corner by insisting for the past two months that this fight would "100% happen". To the point that he's talking no audience and private islands. It's kind of a joke tbh.

That's what he said anyway. But he says a lot of things so who knows. I am super surprised how big this upcoming card is though.

All those measures made sense if it meant we got Lhabib vs Tony. When that fell through, scratch it imo.

Also, Lhabib being the most dominate 155er possibly ever, Sub-optimal or not- it’s a pretty weak out.

However I will say it would be annoying to see Tony obliterate Lhabib and then we have excuses as to why Lhabib wasn’t prepared properly and la de da de.

However I will say it would be annoying to see Tony obliterate Lhabib and then we have excuses as to why Lhabib wasn’t prepared properly and la de da de.
That's my main problem with this whole deal. I don't see how EITHER fighter could really give the performance both they as fighters and we as fans deserve under these conditions/circumstances. Some lame empty room in an undisclosed location with a totally clinical atmosphere ... for arguably the most anticipated fight UFC history? No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back