Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

I thought this was interesting... and for a change lots of low key Titan stuff...

Excellent video. I think it’s needs to go more in depth too.

my only real issue is that he compares performance to the money they received which has ultimately changed when the rookie pay scale started in 2011. Only 12 years to review in that time plus, it’s too early to truly judge the last couple years.

he does point out the value of later 1st round picks vs early 1st round picks and specifically trading up for a QB in the top 5 is almost assuredly a bad idea. That doesn’t take into account the teams that didn’t require a trade.

he also points out the general idea of teams going for the win now mentality over a long term build for a long term run. He chose the tenure security of GM, HC, etc as the motives, which is very accurate. the big downside being, no matter if you build for that 1-2 years, still only 1 team can win each year. Titans seem to have been custom a couple times. SB caliber team but just lost to another SB caliber team.

yeah... I stopped doing a lot of that years ago... find a guy I really wanted... like TE Olsen or TE Mayer... BOTH would have been great as Titans... Titans never get the guys I want on the team.

so I basically stopped putting to much into pre draft and just pay attention to the guys that actually become Titans

Latest posts

Back