Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nashville is a beautiful looking city. Perhaps that'll finally serve to motivate me to get down there to experience the Titans playing at home. The city I live in (London), also has a minor league baseball park downtown on a riverfront. Back when the Detroit Tigers AA affiliate played here (mid 80's?) "Labatt Park" was voted the nicest minor league park in North America by "Baseball America" (yes Labatt Park is named after the beer which was originally brewed right here in little old London). I have a nice view of the London skyline (such as it is) out of my living room window; sadly the ballpark is obscured by other buildings and trees.

....WOO HOO! I was just interrupted by the mail man dropping of my 2006 Rose Bowl DVD at the door (along with other assorted Amazon goodies)....

I Googled around for a nice image of ye' olde ballpark here in London, but really couldn't find too much (what a backwards town I live in). I did find out it is one of the oldest ballyards still in operation North America.

I really like the idea of downtown sporting venues. We opened up our new hockey arena here in the core area about 2 or 3 years ago and it's been a huge success (despite our local politicians' best efforts to screw things up).

I’m going to start seriously looking into taking a trip down to Nashville this September or October. Just turn left at Detroit right?:)) How long will it take me to drive from Detroit? I’ll just go ahead and assume that there are always tickets to be had at the Stadium on game day as long as I’m willing to fork out the cash.

Looks good, I'm really excited about a lot of the new apartments being built around downtown. I'm planning on moving back in two years as soon as I get out of law school, and I'd love to be able to be somewhere like that.

this developer is building condos all throughout downtown

the green building being built next to L&C, Viridian is an upscale residential building
right next to the new Symphony Hall is Encore (another res. development)
then there's the Cumbrland (on Church St.)

lots of residential spaces for people to live downtown
if you wanna pay $300k for a 1 bedroom condo

Giarratana worked extensively with us [my neighborhood] in planning the development of the old Belle Meade Theater property near us. He was very accommodating to come up with something that was acceptable, even going so far as to lose rent on vacant property and pay interest on a loan with no development underway as we worked our way through the process. It was refreshing to work with someone who wanted to put in something that the neighbors wanted, not just what HE wanted.

GoTitans3801 said:
Looks good, I'm really excited about a lot of the new apartments being built around downtown. I'm planning on moving back in two years as soon as I get out of law school, and I'd love to be able to be somewhere like that.

Good way to get out of doing any yard work :winker:

Puck said:
as pricey as gasoline is right now, it might be cheaper to fly

I can write off the gas so that's no problem. I'm used to the long drives; I make the eight hour journey to Montreal every month, and besides what could be better than a drive through America's heartland in late September/early October?

My question does remain unanswered however; Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to drive from Detroit to Nashville?

PS: Perhaps and edit to the sig is due. These multiple spinning smilies are slightly nauseous.

yaknow, we'd find out the same way you would
by going to mapquest and doing a trip calculation

and really, none of us are making frequent trips to and from Detroit

and by the way, the trip from Detroit to Nashville is quite boring

8.5 hours - 535 miles (sheesh):ha:
44590707-00305-05679-4a8ea398

Puck said:
the trip from Detroit to Nashville is quite boring

8.5 hours - 535 miles (sheesh):ha:

But if all I did was check Mapquest I'd never get insights like that one. I know Hoffa has made the trip up here a couple of times (and had to suffer us annoying, snobbish Canadians). Sometimes you can't tell how long a trip will take by a simple distance/speed calculation. The trip to Montreal shouldn't take so long, but initially you have to drive through Toronto which is always at a pedestrian rate and then once you hit Quebec you really have to slow down... to flirt with all of the spectacular french women.:brow:

What is or where can I find the list of the tallest southeast cities? I Googled it but didn't come up with much of anything useful.

It will be different driving into work and seeing that behemoth rising above the Bellsouth building (Bat building).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back