Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Titan fan should only have 2 possible answers for this..

1. Nashville, but that wont be happening soon so...

2. Miami. Florida has led the charge against mandates so if you are moving the game from the state with the most mandates should be to Florida.

Then.. imagine how sickening it would be if Carr leaves Raiders, Mariota takes over as starting qb.. then leads his team to a SB win... in Nashville.

This is where I think this may actually be a bigger issue. LA doesn’t watch their teams. Stadiums are filled with visitors for regular games, I would imagine the SB will be more so.

Any fans that already paid a huge price to attend the Super Bowl, with arrangements in LA, have already forked over tons of money. Even with insurance on whatever they could, now arrangements will need to be made for a new city (if they move) and that will include increased prices on short notice for flights and hotels.

How many people have already made SB arrangements before the playoffs are even set?

2. Miami. Florida has led the charge against mandates so if you are moving the game from the state with the most mandates should be to Florida.

Then.. imagine how sickening it would be if Carr leaves Raiders, Mariota takes over as starting qb.. then leads his team to a SB win... in Nashville.

Yep, everyone else in the country from all of the numbnut lockdown states have been flooding into Florida (Tn and Tx as well). Might as well let California lose out on the SB to Florida.

Maybe some day these idiots running those places will learn. Probably not, but maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many people have already made SB arrangements before the playoffs are even set?
Not sure actually.

I think it’s more of the experience of everything involved more than fans of the 2 teams involved but I’m not sure exactly how early everyone would make plans. I’d think due to availability, people have to plan early.

I don’t think venue Mgmt has any control over that part.
I'm sure the owner is on the phone with Gavin explaining how many tens of millions of dollars the state will lose because of his overreaction

there is zero consequences considered, just react for optics

if the NFL moves it, does everyone just get fucked out of their flight deposits? i generally get cancel insurance but I can understand people not getting it because they didn't foresee this nonsense even being possible

bigger lesson

stop giving the NFL your money, they don't care about you

Ug, Florida is the glory hole of America. And they haven’t led anything, they just politicize it more than anyone else. 95% of states haven’t had mandates for a long time, they just don’t yap about it all the time fishing for an attaboy.
Mariota winning a Super Bowl would be awesome, but this is OUR year! :D Raiders better not get in our way.

if the NFL moves it, does everyone just get ****ed out of their flight deposits? i generally get cancel insurance but I can understand people not getting it because they didn't foresee this nonsense even being possible

bigger lesson

Anyone that can afford Superbowl tickets can afford flight change fees. As for the NFL not caring about you, isn’t the whole purpose of them possibly moving this game in order to give the fans a more comfortable maskless experience?

Ug, Florida is the glory hole of America. And they haven’t led anything, they just politicize it more than anyone else. 95% of states haven’t had mandates for a long time, they just don’t yap about it all the time fishing for an attaboy.
Mariota winning a Super Bowl would be awesome, but this is OUR year! :D Raiders better not get in our way.
I mentioned this in another post or thread
This IS our year
SB is in 2022
22 yrs since SB vs Rams
#22 returns!

Not sure actually.

I think it’s more of the experience of everything involved more than fans of the 2 teams involved but I’m not sure exactly how early everyone would make plans. I’d think due to availability, people have to plan early.

I think most people buy tickets the week before. But maybe not.

if the NFL moves it, does everyone just get ****ed out of their flight deposits? i generally get cancel insurance but I can understand people not getting it because they didn't foresee this nonsense even being possible

bigger lesson

I think airlines have become pretty flexible with having to change your flight due to Covid. But the lesson would be don’t buy plane tickets for a super bowl matchup you aren’t sure of yet lol and yes the NFL doesn’t care about you.

I'm sure the owner is on the phone with Gavin explaining how many tens of millions of dollars the state will lose because of his overreaction

there is zero consequences considered, just react for optics
I just read that the previous two Super Bowls generated $425m and $500m revenue for their home cities.

There are some specific factors that matter in Super Bowl selection. The first is the venue itself. It has to be "set up" for this meaning either good weather in February or a domed stadium. It has to be either reasonably new or upgraded for the best look in TV and for high earner patrons. There has to be significant hotels in order to manage all the people that will come to the city since not everyone will actually be in the stadium. And then there are the intangibles.

One of the biggest problems about Nashville over the years has been the hotel problem. Well that's not a problem anymore. Our city is brimming with plenty of new inventory with more being built everyday. Second is the intangibles. This is where New Orleans really shines and why they have hosted so many Super Bowls. Not only is the Superdome really set up to host the game, but New Orleans is a big party town, which is always attractive to the NFL. (Vegas and Los Angeles already have these factors built in as well as state of the art stadiums). When the Titans first showed up in Nashville in 1999, we were still chomping at the bit about Branson, MO and their live music action versus Nashville. Now it's Branson WHO??? We are one of the biggest tourist entertainment venues in the country.

So what's left? The stadium obviously. There are plans for significant upgrades to Nissan stadium and they will likely be revealed very soon. Whether it's enough to satisfy the NFL gods for a hosting date is debatable. But the NFL draft certainly proved to the NFL that this city can pull off a Super Bowl if we got the stadium piece in order.

I mentioned this in another post or thread
This IS our year
SB is in 2022
22 yrs since SB vs Rams
#22 returns!
wow-amazed.gif

Did I hear that they are wanting to add on to Nissan to make it what Miami has? Overhangs that cover most of the seating areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back