Pick 101

Traded
Pick 26 (DE Jermaine Johnson)
Pick 101 (TE Jeremy Ruckert)

For
Pick 35 (CB Roger McCreary)
Pick 69 (OT NPF)
Pick 163 (WR Kyle Philips)

We got a WR to replace Brown (still debatable if he will) but 3 recs 55 yds isn't a bad game 1...he should have got more plays

We got a starting RT

McCreary seems like he will be a good CB

Kyle Philips is going to have some good games at WR as well as a returner
3 for 55 translates to one of the best rookie WR the titans have ever had.

51 catches for 935 yards. Maybe Kendall Wright, AJ Brown, and Kenny Britt did better than that. Pretty short list and not far behind what any of them did.

3 for 55 translates to one of the best rookie WR the titans have ever had.

51 catches for 935 yards. Maybe Kendall Wright, AJ Brown, and Kenny Britt did better than that. Pretty short list and not far behind what any of them did.
I think Burks will get better as the season goes along...I really like what I saw from Philips...need to lose Hollister though...wonder how Gordon is looking at practice?

Even if Burks turns out to be a stud, the issue is we didn’t really address the receiver situation after losing AJ and Julio. Tannehill, who was never elite to begin with, is heading into his mid 30’s, we don’t know how many years DH22 has left (running backs do not have long careers), we should have brought in a number 1 receiver that can contribute now. Our window of being a contender is not very long…

teams are going to continue to DARE us to throw... now more than ever -- at least with Julio and AJ you had legitimate 'pick your poison' threats to choose from.... that just got hip checked by injuries.

Pardon me if I don't get excited yet about Burks, NWI, and Woods being able to scare the DC enough to bring a nickel safety out of the box..... and TE?.....yeah a whole other story.

We knew from the moment AJ got on the field vs the Browns in 2019 that he was legit. Yet to see anything from Burks but taking a wide open drag for a TD in a preseaosn game.

We knew from the moment AJ got on the field vs the Browns in 2019 that he was legit. Yet to see anything from Burks but taking a wide open drag for a TD in a preseaosn game.

It’s tough because on one hand, AJ was going to be overpaid, but on the other hand, it’s a quarterback and receiver league, literally every contender last year had an elite receiver. Whenever DH22 looks human in the postseason, we lose.

It’s tough because on one hand, AJ was going to be overpaid, but on the other hand, it’s a quarterback and receiver league, literally every contender last year had an elite receiver. Whenever DH22 looks human in the postseason, we lose.
Now an “elite” QB isn’t the requirement, an “elite” QB AND WR are necessary?

Nonsense.

Rams, who won, didn’t have an elite QB.
Coincidence doesn’t mean required. No team requires either to win the SB.

Now an “elite” QB isn’t the requirement, an “elite” QB AND WR are necessary?

Nonsense.

Rams, who won, didn’t have an elite QB.
Coincidence doesn’t mean required. No team requires either to win the SB.

Most elite QB’s have an elite receiver lol. Uhh, put some respect on Stafford’s name. He is a top 10 QB that wasted most of his career in Detroit.

Mahomes, Brady, Herbert, Jackson, Rodgers, Russ, dak, Murray. That puts him at 9 and some of those are debatable. Regardless how does that mean the QB game is weak?
Because you already named at least Jackson and Murray.

In the QB, pass happy league we currently witness, none of these guys historically are top anything outside Brady and Rodgers. Maybe Mahomes soon enough. You could make a case for Wilson.

surprised Josh Allen and Joe burrow weren’t default ahead of Stafford, but I’d also say he’s comparable to Derek Carr, Kirk cousins, formerly Matt Ryan (apparently he dropped overnight to whatever crap he is now).

still young to prove but Tua, Mac Jones, maybe Lawrence if not in Jax.

Stafford gets fantasy numbers. He had nothing else in Detroit so he threw 50x a game, nevermind Megatron making him look better. Now he has some weapons in LA and he’s on the cusp of “elite”? No. He’s just a pretty good QB with weapons.

Stafford throws too many pick sixes
Threw a rainbow prayer 45yd skittles ball deep in own territory in championship game that was dropped by defender too. Nobody remembers the mistakes that weren’t paid for. Stafford is a quality QB. Reminds me of Tammy and Cousins and Carr

Real good to see Bobby Trees getting his confidence back. If they can spread the ball out and get Burks and Philips involved, we could see more football like the first half against the Raiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back