Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is expanded, it would extend that to tackles inside the shirt.
wtf.gif

"In the 256 games during the past regular season, there were 850 false-start calls. To cut that number, the committee is ready to recommend that minor flinches by wide receivers be ignored if they have no effect on the play."

we would have won the rams game had it not been for a ticky tack false start on ty.

"The committee also wants to change the rule on hits by defenders below the knee on quarterbacks. McKay said defensive players will be told they must make an effort to avoid hitting QBs in the legs to avoid serious injuries, like the hit on Cincinnati's Carson Palmer against the Steelers in the playoffs."

i understand to need for player safety, but these rules are getting a little out of hand.

i guess it would depend on when if the qb still had the ball or had just released it. but if i had the chance to get a sack and the only way to to dive at the qb, and there is a chance of hitting him low, i'd do it.

For quarterbacks I believe the new rule reads, "when attempting to tackle a quarterback, the only legal way to achieve a sack without penalty is for the defensive player to place right hand behind quarterback's knees, left hand behind quarterback's neck and lift in a baby cradle position. From there, said defensive player must gently place quarterback on the ground. If defensive player has a towel, it should be used to cover quarterback as if to tuck him in for a nap."

Broken Record said:
For quarterbacks I believe the new rule reads, "when attempting to tackle a quarterback, the only legal way to achieve a sack without penalty is for the defensive player to place right hand behind quarterback's knees, left hand behind quarterback's neck and lift in a baby cradle position. From there, said defensive player must gently place quarterback on the ground. If defensive player has a towel, it should be used to cover quarterback as if to tuck him in for a nap."

Look for Peyton Manning to start forcing the ball more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back