Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
fltitan said:
. . . Cook has decided to do what he thinks best for McNair(and himself) as it relates to $. Thers nothing wrong with that but the reason they want the release now is so Steve can get prepared with his new team. The team he goes to will be better if Steves released now instead of waiting as late as possible but that certainly isnt the best move for the Titans. If Steve goes to Baltimore we have to play them so I for one dont want us to do anything that helps a team we have to play and I hope we never do anything to help the Ravens. Why hasnt Cook asked permission to try to work out a trade unless they already have something in hand. Cook is an excellent agent and hes doing what he thinks is best for his client and Reese is going to do whats best for the Titans, that means if we cant work something out with them we wait as late as possible to release him . . .
Didn't the Titans recently pay McNair $1 million to buy six months' time between March and August to renegotiate his contract? If that's correct, aren't they entitled to the full six months for Reese and Cook to try and work it out?

Sunshine said:
Didn't the Titans recently pay McNair $1 million to buy six months' time between March and August to renegotiate his contract? If that's correct, aren't they entitled to the full six months for Reese and Cook to try and work it out?

The way I understand it McNair recieved 1m so the Titans could cancel the 50m extension. There is a 1m september roster bonus that is a seperate issue.

Bottomline is McNair thinks he is worth more than he actually is now. Sound familiar ( Eddie George)? There comes a time in a players career where they have to make a decision, know your role and take a few less dollars and go out with class ( Jerome Bettis) or make a bad choice and go out like a punk ( Eddie George). If Steve thinks he is worth top dollar now then he has less smarts than Vince Young on Wonderlic test day.:ha:

Vigsted said:
Excellent post, couldnt agree more.
That's exactly right.
How much are you going to pay for the proverbial gallon of milk.
GoT said:
The way I understand it McNair recieved 1m so the Titans could cancel the 50m extension. There is a 1m september roster bonus that is a seperate issue.
In other words, they are both right.

butthead.jpg

"I'm not sure yet, but I think this is gonna suck."

Sunshine said:
I found this in the March 2nd Nashville City Paper:

". . . McNair’s own contract situation was dealt with Wednesday, as the Titans officially declined the $50 million option bonus and paid the $1 million non-exercise fee that officially ends the contract after the 2006 season, barring a new extension. . . ."

That wasn't correct in the article. He is due to receive a $1M bonus. But he's also due to receive a $9M base salary. He won't necessarily get either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back