Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick Greisen's stats are very comparable to Brad Kassell's, so I'm not sure you should count out Sirmon just yet, if he is to compete for the MLB spot.

With four hundred something thou left under the cap, it looks like Sirmon may be the next casualty in order to make room. I expect to see Sirmon and a guard released before anything happens with McNair.

GLinks said:
With four hundred something thou left under the cap, it looks like Sirmon may be the next casualty in order to make room. I expect to see Sirmon and a guard released before anything happens with McNair.

I'm not sure releasing a guard saves us that much cap space. Starkiller??

Banshee2 said:
I'm not sure releasing a guard saves us that much cap space. Starkiller??

Benji just had his contract reworked so it is unlikely he would be cut and cutting Pillar only saves us his 2.5 million base salary however the hit from his prorated SB would offset that saving as he has a contract through 09 with a $762,429 prorated cap hit each year that would total up to being $3,049,716 being assessed against the cap.

They could cut Piller after June 1 and save money, but I don't see it happening. Olson obviously isn't going to get cut after signing a new contract, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back