Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Fisher had a pretty good radio interview yesterday afternoon on The Zone. He pretty much tore into Brown's agent for being Bush League. He talked about finding focus up in Clarksvegas. He also talked about how Chow's offense will take a big leap it's second season.

But the info I found to be the most interesting is that he said that even if Volek goes down early, Vince is the man. He's committed to sticking him in by halftime of game 1 if Volek goes down and play him the rest of the season.

Based on history and his comments to the Niners last year on Smith, I was shocked he would step out like that. I wonder if the word wasn't sent from above that it would be handled this way and his hands are tied.

Of course I don't know...
this just reeks of Bud Adams...

I'm fine with it. I'm one of those who thinks Vince is ahead of the game.
I don't think Young will struggle. :whoop:

Perhaps they are seeing something we are not. You know it has got to suck to be Volek right now, that unless you take the titans to the playoffs, your done mid way through the season. Heck, I bet it happens sooner than that. I hope Vince is ready.

If we've got a shot at the playoffs, and Volek is doing acceptably well, he'll stay the starter. Only if things are falling apart does Young come in before the end of the season.

If any #1 goes down, the #2 steps in.
I think that is all that is being said.
I don't think that simple truth would bother Volek.

TitanJeff said:
Fisher had a pretty good radio interview yesterday afternoon on The Zone. He pretty much tore into Brown's agent for being Bush League. He talked about finding focus up in Clarksvegas. He also talked about how Chow's offense will take a big leap it's second season.

But the info I found to be the most interesting is that he said that even if Volek goes down early, Vince is the man. He's committed to sticking him in by halftime of game 1 if Volek goes down and play him the rest of the season.

Based on history and his comments to the Niners last year on Smith, I was shocked he would step out like that. I wonder if the word wasn't sent from above that it would be handled this way and his hands are tied.

Alex Smith played at Utah, facing powerhouses Wyoming, Idaho, San Diego State, Air Force, etc... He had a big game in the Fiesta Bowl against a questionable Pitt defense...

Vince Young played against patsies such as Oklahoma, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Colorado, Iowa State, USC, etc...

Now, who'll be the better pro QB? I don't care about delivery and learning the system, I believe about instincts and a good game plan.

First we sign Vince, then we sit Billy. Plain and simple... Philly didn't hesitate to bring McNabb in cuz he had mad skillz. First year was on-the-job training, and the rest is history...

ammotroop said:
You know it has got to suck to be Volek right now,
Not really. This is the moment he's been waiting for.
He thinks he can be a starter, this is his chance to prove it to the league and go somewhere else for a big payday, ala Drew Brees.

If he gets pulled because he's not doing well, then it does suck for him.

ammotroop said:
Perhaps they are seeing something we are not. You know it has got to suck to be Volek right now, that unless you take the titans to the playoffs, your done mid way through the season. Heck, I bet it happens sooner than that. I hope Vince is ready.

They are seeing how hard Vince has worked and how much talent and potential he has. Vince is the kind of guy, and has the kind of presence and "it" factor about him, that even when he's young and raw, after you watch him practicing, it is clear immediately that he is one of the best players on the field. His upside, smoothness and athleticism, confidence, and playmaking abilities just jump out at you.

When Texas practices were still open to the public early in Vince's career, I attended a couple to check out the team, and my friend and I walked away saying "Damn, that kid Vince looks GOOD!" We didn't walk away saying how impressive Chris Simms was (he was good, but Vince is just different, especially watching in person). It is hard to keep that kind of potential on the bench. As a coach, you just can't wait to harness it and unleash it on your opponents.

Sledge said:
Alex Smith played at Utah, facing powerhouses Wyoming, Idaho, San Diego State, Air Force, etc... He had a big game in the Fiesta Bowl against a questionable Pitt defense...

Vince Young played against patsies such as Oklahoma, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Colorado, Iowa State, USC, etc...

also Michigan, Ohio State, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, etc...

TitanJeff said:

Maybe Fisher is feeling the pressure and knows that without Vince in, his job is all but gone? If Billy were to get injured or fail miserably.

Sledge said:
Now, who'll be the better pro QB? I don't care about delivery and learning the system, I believe about instincts and a good game plan.
Point taken but Fisher is on record saying that the ideal situation is to sit a rookie QB their first season. All we heard leading up to the draft was how Young would need one (if not two) full seasons to develop before you make him the #1.

Now, we have Fisher ready to put him in without hesitation before Young plays a preseason game against scrubs.

I've said it before and stand by my belief that the worst thing the Titans can do to Young is rush him before he is ready. If Volek goes down, I am on the horn bringing in a vet.

TitanJeff said:
Point taken but Fisher is on record saying that the ideal situation is to sit a rookie QB their first season. All we heard leading up to the draft was how Young would need one (if not two) full seasons to develop before you make him the #1.

Now, we have Fisher ready to put him in without hesitation before Young plays a preseason game against scrubs.

I've said it before and stand by my belief that the worst thing the Titans can do to Young is rush him before he is ready. If Volek goes down, I am on the horn bringing in a vet.

Oh I understand, I'm just trying to keep cool after hearing all that VY bashing on other boards. They act like he's Akili Smith and Andre Ware rolled into one... I agree, it may be a good idea to bring in a vet, but no Kerry Collins please :winker:

Sledge said:
I agree, it may be a good idea to bring in a vet, but no Kerry Collins please :winker:

Have you seen any interviews of old #1 leading up to his HOF induction. The man looks like he could still play. I'm just sayin' is all... he he he :)

titanbuoy said:
Have you seen any interviews of old #1 leading up to his HOF induction. The man looks like he could still play I'm just sayin' is all... he he he :)

aca.sized.jpg

He seems to have plenty of game left in him :brow:

GoTitans3801 said:
If we've got a shot at the playoffs, and Volek is doing acceptably well, he'll stay the starter. Only if things are falling apart does Young come in before the end of the season.
As I've said from the beginning, barring injury the first six games are Volek's.

4-2 gets him another week, and we go from there.

Brian said:
As I've said from the beginning, barring injury the first six games are Volek's.

4-2 gets him another week, and we go from there.

I hope you're right, cuz if you are, we're going to the playoffs for sure. Why do I say that? In our first 6 games, we play...

DALLAS @ home
On the road @ Indy, Washington, SD & Miami

I say if we get out of this 2-4 it's a moral victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back