Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see this as a cheesy marketing move nothing more...titans need to flush out the love ya blue they hold onto the oiler history like it was something to remember which it wasn't
it is for ownership
I agree most fans dont care very much about it
they occasionally have those oiler reunion things... a bunch of dudes from 80s & 90s out there... I know the stars but not 90% of them and most of them seem disinterested in return - LOL

have not seen one in a few years though

i see this as a cheesy marketing move nothing more...titans need to flush out the love ya blue they hold onto the oiler history like it was something to remember which it wasn't
Why do they? You don't see Indy hanging onto Baltimore history...in hockey, Calgary and Atlanta, Colorado and Quebec

Campbell wouldn't pick Titans over Texans, he's lobbied for the Oilers history to go to Houston.
It does make sense, at least it does to me
A few players and coaches transferred and that was all that remained after they became the Memphis oilers or whatever they were initially called

It does make sense, at least it does to me
A few players and coaches transferred and that was all that remained after they became the Memphis oilers or whatever they were initially called
Awarding the history to the Texans makes no sense though. They didn't even exist until 2002.

It has happened in a few sports without awarding history to the city the team left...not sure why the city of Houston is special

As many old Oiler fans such as myself know, the City of Houston's relationship (especially Mayor Lanier) with Bud Adams was acrimonious, to say the least. Bud's family will never allow the Oilers' rights to ever return to Houston.

The old Oilers uniform is very popular. It makes money. It’s historical. It’s unique. But the history belongs to the the Oilers/Titans franchise and Adams family, not Houston. Houston and that idiot Lanier screwed that up. Should have never let them leave. They built the stadium Bud wanted for the Texans. Bud was right.

The old Oilers uniform is very popular. It makes money. It’s historical. It’s unique. But the history belongs to the the Oilers/Titans franchise and Adams family, not Houston. Houston and that idiot Lanier screwed that up. Should have never let them leave. They built the stadium Bud wanted for the Texans. Bud was right.
Bud was like 4th tennant in Astrodome

it was built for cattle auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back