Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there in Houston alongside John McClain in 1994-96. The city of Houston couldn't kick the Oilers out fast enough. 50+ people showed up at the 'Save the Oilers' rally in downtown. I told everyone who would listen back then, that some day Houston fans would regret losing the Oilers. Turns out that I was right.

My father and myself went from laredo Tx to houston Tx to that Save the Oilers rally. We counted 27 people ... 27.

It's like the old saying. You didn't want me when you had me.
I didn’t know a whole lot of the story back then. Glad NFL is smart enough to field the throwbacks against Houston. Makes perfect sense to me- takes the kind of balls to understand what fans want. Most definitely the game im most interested in, and its late with real consequences! Hopefully!

I was there in Houston alongside John McClain in 1994-96. The city of Houston couldn't kick the Oilers out fast enough. 50+ people showed up at the 'Save the Oilers' rally in downtown. I told everyone who would listen back then, that some day Houston fans would regret losing the Oilers. Turns out that I was right.
That's terrible support...they now have the Texans, support them
If you're not going to support the team, you deserve to lose it

That’s incredible to me.

Well, to be fair, if my memory is correct, it was kinda set up to fail. They held it at like, 2pm on a Tuesday afternoon, maybe a Thursday. Most people were probably working. I was in high school at the time so I have no clue how well organized it was, but I'm guessing not well at all.

But even still, c'mon, we're talking about Houston Texas, with as many country music fans as there are, you'd think they'd be better at handling losing something they loved...

Since we're actually talking about the Oilers in this thread, and because I don't know where else to put it, this beauty was delivered in today's mail.

Commemorative Houston Oilers 1961 AFL championship ring! It's beautiful.

Well I wouldn’t call it a team…
SP-Go-Cows-ViacomCBS-SouthPark-MetalSign-G18000_1024x1024.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back