Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you even watch it? It was the first vault of the first apparatus in a team competition. She admitted she withdrew because she couldn’t trust herself and didn’t want to screw up the team’s chances to medal.

So you push through even though you likely kill the chances for your team to medal and possibly risk your future health?

As a top athlete who knows herself extremely well due to years of training and successful outcomes, she made the tough decision for what was best for her and the team she cared for.

That’s the opposite of “soft” in my book. That’s the total opposite.

I remember ripping on Dan Jansen for falling all over the place in the olympics back in the day...

I in fact do expect more from US athletes

shes leaving when she was not winning gold. Petulant/soft. The mental health is a platform excuse. If she had not been unfairly judged and was going to receive gold , I believe she’s still be there and not withdrawing.

I’m old school. You don’t quit on your team or your country. This platform reasoning is a BS rationalization of quitting. I get it paints me as an insensitive, “unwakened” azz. I don’t care. Quitting is quitting. It’s just soft IMO
Certainly, if I’m getting your gist, we (meaning you and me), wouldn’t want her in our foxhole. I agree if that’s your round about argument.

Did you even watch it? It was the first vault of the first apparatus in a team competition. She admitted she withdrew because she couldn’t trust herself and didn’t want to screw up the team’s chances to medal.

So you push through even though you likely kill the chances for your team to medal and possibly risk your future health?

As a top athlete who knows herself extremely well due to years of training and successful outcomes, she made the tough decision for what was best for her and the team she cared for.

That’s the opposite of “soft” in my book. That’s the total opposite.

That has nothing to do with withdrawing from "mental health" issues as it was reported. This stuff came out second wave when she got heat for the Mental Health platform quitting.

That has nothing to do with withdrawing from "mental health" issues as it was reported. This stuff came out second wave when she got heat for the Mental Health platform quitting.
Actually, no it didn’t. Listen to the audio as she talks to her coach right after it happened.

She tells her coach she isn’t trusting herself. Her eyes coming out of that flip says she was totally lost in the air.

Obviously, when an athlete can’t perform and is 100% physically healthy, it becomes a “mental health” issue. Whether it’s pressure of the moment or something else, her mind wasn’t allowing her body to perform.

In this case, pushing forward can lead to a serious injury or death.

BTW, she had the same issue during warmups and tried to push through during the program. Based on her last few performances, I bet she’s been dealing with it for some time.

Actually, no it didn’t. Listen to the audio as she talks to her coach right after it happened.

She tells her coach she isn’t trusting herself. Her eyes coming out of that flip says she was totally lost in the air.

Obviously, when an athlete can’t perform and is 100% physically healthy, it becomes a “mental health” issue. Whether it’s pressure of the moment or something else, her mind wasn’t allowing her body to perform.

In this case, pushing forward can lead to a serious injury or death.

BTW, she had the same issue during warmups and tried to push through during the program. Based on her last few performances, I bet she’s been dealing with it for some time.
Actually she did claim mental health.

Read What Simone Biles Said After Her Withdrawal From The Olympic Final

I’m okay to disagree. Not worth debating. It’s quitting in my book. She initially used the mental health issue, now it’s physical. But she did initially choose to utilize a mental health platform.

Who ever said it was physical? She never did. I haven't. And I haven't read of anyone else saying it was physical.

It's clearly a mental health issue. Whether just stress or other reasons, it's causing a disconnect between her mind and her body. She could not trust herself to perform at a high level and has admitted as much multiple times.

Instead of risking her personal safety or killing the chance for her teammates to medal, she made the right decision to withdraw.

We'll agree to disagree whether her, or her decision, was "soft".

Who ever said it was physical? She never did. I haven't. And I haven't read of anyone else saying it was physical.

It's clearly a mental health issue. Whether just stress or other reasons, it's causing a disconnect between her mind and her body. She could not trust herself to perform at a high level and has admitted as much multiple times.

Instead of risking her personal safety or killing the chance for her teammates to medal, she made the right decision to withdraw.

We'll agree to disagree whether her, or her decision, was "soft".

OK.

But that sort of “decision” should’ve been made before she took up a slot the team and then came up leaving her team and country short handed in the competition. It’s not like these moves weren’t practiced.

and it’s no coincidence all this mental health surfaced AFTER she received scores with which she wasn’t satisfied.

You’ve lost me.

How can the decision be made before she attempts the vault? She knew she wasn’t 100% right in warmups but tried to push through.

You call her “soft” for trying and failing. What do you call her if she never tried?

And what scores? She knew she’d screwed up. She went to her coach before they were posted.

I’m out of this conversation but leave you this link if you’re interested to see the insight of a gymnastic trainer and coach who says my opinion better than I ever could:

You’ve lost me.

How can the decision be made before she attempts the vault? She knew she wasn’t 100% right in warmups but tried to push through.

You call her “soft” for trying and failing. What do you call her if she never tried?

And what scores? She knew she’d screwed up. She went to her coach before they were posted.

I’m out of this conversation but leave you this link if you’re interested to see the insight of a gymnastic trainer and coach who says my opinion better than I ever could:

now in finals round of beam, where she’s favored to medal. What happened to the “mental health”? A miraculous cure if you consider she actually had a disease.

soft. Petulant. Take my ball and go home if i can’t win. Quitting just isn’t ok in my book. I’m old school.

now in finals round of beam, where she’s favored to medal. What happened to the “mental health”? A miraculous cure if you consider she actually had a disease.

soft. Petulant. Take my ball and go home if i can’t win. Quitting just isn’t ok in my book. I’m old school.
Yup. Me, me, me

Didn't realize we had gymnastics experts on here.

Gymnastic coaches have explained what was wrong... but hey, in America "we" don't care what experts in a particular field have to say!

It sucks it happened when it happened, but that's life sometimes.

Didn't realize we had gymnastics experts on here.

Gymnastic coaches have explained what was wrong... but hey, in America "we" don't care what experts in a particular field have to say!

It sucks it happened when it happened, but that's life sometimes.

did the experts say it was mental health?

LOL @RTH

sb all like... F yall if I cant get the gold

maxresdefault.jpg

sb all like... my mind is a lazer. sharp & precise. Gimme dat gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back