Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, he played FS, but there is considerable talk about him playing SS. I don't see who else on our roster could start at SS but him and the rookie, so yea...

Ideally the roster would look like this...for this year.

QB: McNair, Volek, Young
RB: Brown, 2-a White, 2-b Henry
FB: Fleming
WR: Givens, Calico, Jones, Orr
WR: Bennett, Roby, Williams
TE: Troupe, Kinney, Scaife

LT: Roos, Loper
LG: Pillar, Amano
C: Mawae, Amano
RG: Olson, Stewart
RT: Bell, Stewart (or free agent after june 1)

DE: Vanden Bosch, Schobel
DT: Starks, Clauss, Mahelona
DT: Haynesworth, Long
DE: LaBoy, Odom
LB: Thornton, Sirmon, (Toone)
MLB: Tulloch, Reynolds
LB: Bulluck, Sirmon, Nande

CB: Hill, Woolfolk, Waddell
CB: Jones, (Gardner), Lowry, Finnegan
SS: Thompson, Nickey, Hope
FS: Hope, Fuller, Lowry

P Hentrich
K Bironas (with some free agent competition...go get Connor Hughes)

KR Finnegan, Roby
PR Finnegan

I think Toone or Nande ends up on the practice squad or Sirmon gets cut (IF Tulloch can handle MLB AND Nande or Toone can be effective backups on the outside). I think Gardner is the odd man out unless they tap Nickey...but Lowry's a better FS than a SS (as is Finnegan) and could end up as a backup CB and extra zone S. I am hoping McNair gets worked out and stays.

I suspect we may see Kerry Collins instead of McNair and Sirmon starting at MLB. We'll see how Tulloch picks up the D and if McNair budges on his contract desires.

Gut

I don't know why the Titans would keep Sirmon at this point though I would love to see him make the transition to MLB. I think Rob Reynolds was starting to impress the coaches late in the season and may get a good look here.

I don't think Nickey or Gardner will be on the final 53.

Keep in mind, we'll probably PUP Brandon Jones, so we'll have an extra roster spot. He wouldn't be back until the end of the season, there's no reason not to PUP him, at least that I can think of.

TitanJeff said:
I don't know why the Titans would keep Sirmon at this point though I would love to see him make the transition to MLB. I think Rob Reynolds was starting to impress the coaches late in the season and may get a good look here.

I don't think Nickey or Gardner will be on the final 53.

I agree with Nickey and Gardner

Right now we pretty much have to keep Sirmon. We addressed the LB position but not a true MLB. Can Reynolds be the one to hold it down? I don't think a rookie can step in yet.

Still wish we had signed Greisen :(

GoTitans3801 said:
Keep in mind, we'll probably PUP Brandon Jones, so we'll have an extra roster spot. He wouldn't be back until the end of the season, there's no reason not to PUP him, at least that I can think of.
Waddell will get PUPed, too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back