Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can Hope be underrated, when there's been nothing but rave about how he's going to stabilise our young secondary?

Again, I think it says alot about National media coverage of the Titans when the two only players mentioned are our newest signings. Prisco probably couldn't mention any Titan's players other than KVB, Bulluck, our recent FA's and draft signings...

He was underrated on the Pittsburgh team, but he doesn't play there anymore and he's by no means underrated with the Titans.

His point about Givens is certainly true but Givens might help out as much in the running game as in the passing game with his blocking ability.

Until the Titans started looking at Hope as a possible FA pickup I had not heard of the guy at all. Apparently he wasn't real well known outside of Pitt and might really be a super player (we sure hope so). When the Titans brought in Schulters as a FA I had not heard much about him either. Anytime a player plays alongside a super star like Polamalu they are always going to be overlooked.
Just look at Donnie Nickey for example. He played along side Doss and the Titans noticed that he was just as good or better than the highly touted Doss. Thus they made a move, traded up in the draft and the rest is history.

I only knew of Schulters because my bro and dad are 49er fans and I had seen him play. I knew he was a good player but hadn't heard much of him elsewhere.

Overrated: Defensive end Jevon Kearse isn't the player he was with the Titans. He doesn't have the same burst and opponents don't have to account for on every play. He's still pretty good, but no longer an elite pass rusher.

At least we got this one right.

In my estimation, Givens will show what he's made of this year, he can be a #1, he has the potential to do it, I'm super cereal.

Let me get this right. Tom Brady led the entire NFL with 4110 yards passing. Givens, the stud he was caught only 738 of those with only 2 TDs. But now, after hooking up with Billy Volek Givens is going to somehow start demonstrating his 1000+ yards per year talent? Givens isn't super man when it comes to staying healthy either. He missed 3 games last year. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a decent WR but I certainly don't have great expectations. In the long run I think Brandon Jones (almost exactly the same size) is a better WR.

Soxcat said:
Let me get this right. Tom Brady led the entire NFL with 4110 yards passing. Givens, the stud he was caught only 738 of those with only 2 TDs. But now, after hooking up with Billy Volek Givens is going to somehow start demonstrating his 1000+ yards per year talent? Givens isn't super man when it comes to staying healthy either. He missed 3 games last year. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a decent WR but I certainly don't have great expectations. In the long run I think Brandon Jones (almost exactly the same size) is a better WR.

Givens was the #2 WR behind Deion Branch who had 998 yards.
Givens also played in 13 games.

The Patriots just spread the ball.

I still can't see Givens as a number one. He has good size, ok speed, good hands, and excellent route running. But typically, that's not number 1 credentials; their a really good number 2 specs. And that's ok; I think having Bennett, Givens, and a healthy Jones, along with a good running game (I see you LenDale) and great options in Kinney and Troupe, are some good options.

Soxcat said:
Anytime a player plays alongside a super star like Polamalu they are always going to be overlooked. Just look at Donnie Nickey for example. He played along side Doss and the Titans noticed that he was just as good or better than the highly touted Doss. Thus they made a move, traded up in the draft and the rest is history.

:rotfl:

KamikaZ said:
I still can't see Givens as a number one. He has good size, ok speed, good hands, and excellent route running. But typically, that's not number 1 credentials; their a really good number 2 specs. And that's ok; I think having Bennett, Givens, and a healthy Jones, along with a good running game (I see you LenDale) and great options in Kinney and Troupe, are some good options.
and hes strong, they said that he is exactly like derrick mason, in that he will catch anything thrown his way, and hes even a bit quicker than mason too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back