Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fourth-year pro Andre Woolfolk is expected to start at left cornerback in place of Jones.
Cortland Finnegan? Where does he stack in the depth chart?

Let's not turn this into a trash Woolfolk thread, but let me just say that the guy is impressive. Is he going to play the nickle or what?

Fish said on Monday that no matter what, Finnegan will stay at nickle because he's good there. Change only one position, not two.

Jones won't be paid for a game he doesn't play, so you could say he's fined a paycheck.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Can't Woolfolk play the nickle?

Are you asking if Woolfolk knows the postion or can he play?

It really does make sense to keep Finnegan where he is comfortable, at nickel.
They can work him more into the outside next year. I guess Woolfolk gets one last shot at proving himself on the outside.

Pacman Suspended for Jaguars Game for Latest Incident

SUMMARY: After practice today, Titans coach Jeff Fisher is expected to announce that Pacman Jones will be suspended for Sunday's game against the Jaguars for allegedly spitting in the face of a woman last week in a local club. Jones was not on the practice field today as the team prepared for their upcoming opponent and was asked to leave the facility by Fisher this morning. Jones may also be fined by the Titans and could face further disciplinary action. Andre Woolfolk is expected to start in Jones' place this Sunday.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Soxcat said:
.... I guess Woolfolk gets one last shot at proving himself on the outside.

I'm interested if he will bump more aggressively and play tighter coverage. I'd really like to see him take advantage of the situation.

Woolfolk might not match up too badly against the gigantic Jag wideouts. If we were playing Carolina and he had to cover Steve Smith I'd be mighty worried.

Soxcat, Puck, 3801, Riverman

Where is Woolfolk most likely to be exploited for the most yards, scores, etc...

nickle or outside corner?

good thing for our db's the Jags are by in large a defensive team. (imho)

going off into bongo territory..........
I wonder if Fisher has the (phallic euphemism) to bench Pacman if we are going against Manning and his Colts.......... (and we think we can win) ....................or does Bud play the trump card if this week is Texans week............. could Bud risk losing to the Texans.................?

This whole thing stinks................. He is better....... at his position than anyone on the entire team. He is there play after play. He's on wr's like white on rice. He more than contributes on special teams. He put the special in special teams.

My ernest hope is that the team wins without him. That would really help things if you think about it. Just like the Big Al thing a few weeks back. I swear that suspension has lifted our d up a bit.

Last night I heard Darrin McFarland saying that Fisher has not disciplined the players this year and was saying PacMan should be suspended for the year. While I do think that players in general get off lightly, I disagree about this.

So far this year, Fisher has suspended (not made them inactive) Randy Starks, Rob Reynolds and now Pacman. All key players. They will all lose a game check. You don't hear that alot in this league. Hell, the charges let Merriman play this past weekend, and Chris Henry was never suspended by the Bengals for his 4 arrests this off season, he only missed time when the league stepped in. And somehow TO has not missed playing time for his shenanigans. Sounds like Fisher is ahead of the rest of the league when it comes to this.

And it is proposterous to say Pacman needs to be gone for the rest of the year. Yes, he needs to be set straight, and maybe a two game suspension at this point would be appropriate (if the league and PA would even allow it) but all year for that? Still don't know if it even happened? He should not be out at a club during a game week yes, but all year is ridiculous.

Just wondered if anyone else heard that and what you thought.

Well, if we've got to suspend him, this is a good week. We're playing a team with an ongoing QB controversy (UT fans know how that affects a team), and they don't have any All Pro wideouts. Hate for him not to play, but it is good timing.

arcticboy said:
Just wondered if anyone else heard that and what you thought.

I find it a little bit odd that he suspended Pacman, considering he states clearly that he doesn't know whether he's guily or innocent:
Fisher said:
This action is not a result of our belief that he was either guilty or not guilty as far as the last incident was concerned, but rather it is a result of an accumulation of poor decisions that he’s made over his career here.

We can all agree that Pacman has done stupid things in the past, but does that mean he should get punished every time somebody makes an allegation against him in the future?

If someone alleges he did something while he was pumping gas at 1:30 in the afternoon on an off day...no

If he was out at Christie's at 4am on a "school night" and something is said....yes

Vigsted said:
We can all agree that Pacman has done stupid things in the past, but does that mean he should get punished every time somebody makes an allegation against him in the future?

with his MO he has got to know that people will try him. Then again maybe he doesn't know:eek:

Pac is getting a good education. He is learning women aren't interested in him as a person, but if you save spit (ala Monica saving her dress), you could be entitled to a chunk of his check. When you play under the spotlight, you have to avoid these kinds of situations. Being at a bar, I am sure he was drinking, and it clouded his judgement (assuming he has any). He needs a keeper for sure.

TNThunder said:
..... He needs a keeper for sure.

You may be on to something.

wedding.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back