Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said the plan for now is not to have Pacman Jones do both punt and kickoff returns entering the 2006 season. Most likely, the sixth pick of the 2005 draft will return kickoffs and focus more on his duties at corner. WR Bobby Wade should be the front-runner to return punts. "[Pacman] showed last year that he can do both. It will most likely be one or the other," Fisher said. "With Bobby’s ability to handle the punts and his decision making process, if we started the season today, Pac would probably handle kickoffs and Bobby would handle punts, but there is a lot of time between now and then."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

I'd much rather Pacman punt return. He seemed likely to score everytime he returned (as well as having 2 or 3 TDs called back)

one thing is sure, it was always "interesting" when Adam Jones settled under a punt, or watched one bounce 10 feet in front of him, or called for a FC inside the 10. But he also had the ability to break any of them for a big gain. I think KO return is probably the safest way to utilize his speed.

He had some decent kickoff returns, but it definitely seemed like we were getting more bang for our buck on punt returns. Maybe that's just because there were so few of them... God I hope that changes next season, if anything does.

Pacman is great on both KOR AND PR so we are spoilt for choice. He got some great returns on the KOR but I felt when he had a chance to run on PR, he looked likely to score.

I know that theres a more greater chance of him fumbling on PR, but its gonna happen to anyone else who stepped up to do that duty

Gunny said:
I'd much rather Pacman punt return. He seemed likely to score everytime he returned (as well as having 2 or 3 TDs called back)

I thought that too, but I went and looked at the stats, Wade actually had a slightly better avg per punt return last year.

One of the other things to factor in is you're a lot more likely to get your clock cleaned on a punt return, and he is our starting corner.

I like having someone else as insurance. I also like that it's someone from the offense so that Pac's not winded from trying to break one, then immediately going out to play on D.

By Fisher's quotes it would seem that it's a forgone conclusion that Wade will make the final roster. I didn't really think that would be the case, I thought he was more of a bubble guy who would have to win a spot in August. Interesting.

GoTitans3801 said:
He had some decent kickoff returns, but it definitely seemed like we were getting more bang for our buck on punt returns. Maybe that's just because there were so few of them... God I hope that changes next season, if anything does.
believe it or not he was actually better on KORs than PRs. he ranked 4th in KOR and 10th in PRs. bobby wade was 9th and also had a TD. pacman didnt have any TDs on KORs, but he was stopped inside the twenty a few times.

I'd rather have Pacman do them both, no doubt...hes the guy who makes big plays for us and as of now we need all we can get...i dont even know much about this bobby wade guy but if he was so good then why isnt he on the bears anymore?

I think that Cortland Finnegan or Lowry may be a better option than Bobby Wade... he just has too much trouble holding onto the ball

from today's Tennessean:

"Jones said he'll happily take whatever assignment Fisher gives him, but both Jones and Wade said given a choice they'd rather return punts.

"'It's easier to score touchdowns,' Jones said with a grin."

GoT said:
one thing is sure, it was always "interesting" when Adam Jones settled under a punt, or watched one bounce 10 feet in front of him, or called for a FC inside the 10.
arte2.gif

titanbuoy said:
Interesting.

I say let Pacman return punts in the 4th quarter when the other team is a bit wore out. They will be taken by suprize with Pac's speed and shiftyness. Everytime he returned a punt I felt there was a VERY high chance for him to score.

Pac is definitely scary on punt returns. I'd love to see them continue to use him in that role, despite the dangers. Seems Pacs elusiveness is better suited to stops, starts, change directions in punt returns. I used to not care about out punt returns but they were often the most exciting parts of the game last year.

I thought other guys like Roby did a good job on Kick returns. It's strange but the kick returns look more dangerous to me than the punt returns. Somebody like Pac is so elusive that he can dodge direct hits better on punt returns, whereas kick returns seem more about straightline speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back