Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slipjack said:
You can't be serious?

yeah - seem to be more violent collisions on kick returns than punt returns to me. On punts the biggest risk of injury seems in not fair catching a ball and getting drilled, but as long as he catches the ball Pac seems in control of things out there on the punt returns. He'll score some TDs for us returning punts.

Why waste all the talent. You ought to want to get the ball into your best players hands as much as possible. It's going to cost us points. It's going to cost us field position. And Titans history proves that when we have playmakers back there we win. And when we have TE's and FB's returing kicks we lose. Fisher has been around long enough to know this. It's part of our culture. We are a kickoff return team by nature.

PhiSlammaJamma said:
Why waste all the talent. You ought to want to get the ball into your best players hands as much as possible. It's going to cost us points. It's going to cost us field position
if wade struggles we'll see pac back there. but give the guy a shot, he had a better average than pacman did and the same amount of TDs.

Remember some of Pac's (1 or 2) were called back. How many for Wade? Pacman struck me as much more dangerous on PR, and I'd leave him there. Let Wade and Roby if necessary do KOR. I'd start out this way and adjust if need be.

Lowry is too slow IMO. His success at it in college probably won't translate as well in the NFL. What does he run? 4.54?

Anyone read the supplemental draft thread? JUCO linebacker Dave Dixon ran 4.42 at his pro day (6' 2", 245 lb) and not only lead his team with ridiculous tackle total, he had a ridiculous PR average. His coach said he could run a 4.4 in jeans.

Pac is too electrifying on PR IMO not to put him back there. I can live with switching them, but as was pointed out, Pac didn't do too well at times on KOR.

I'm not sure how many Wade fumbled on punt returns but last year he had 10 total fumbles and lost 4. Wade had 3 fumbles in one game against Cincy and 4 fumbles in a game against SF. Doesn't sound good. Apparently Fisher has confidence in Wade but I'm curious to see why.

As a punt returner, Fisher should be a good judge of talent there. He remembers what it was like to catch punts in Chicago. Maybe he feels he can coach up Wade.

Good point Jeff and as I recall Pac had a fumble or two and made some really bad decisions last year. I think both have the ability to score Wade is very dangerous and if he can handle it Pac will be much fresher on D.

yeah but wade wasnt a rookie last year was he? No, he wasn't. Pac was and is still learning...probably much improved from last year...why not give Pac a shot to do both then see where it goes from there?

because we dont want to get our #6 pick hurt returning punts. i wish he would get back there but the coaches know that until we get strong depth at corner we cant take that kind of chance. besides... wade...when he caught the ball... had as good of an average as pac

Wade wouldnt be the first guy that got wavied and had a great career with another team. Coach Fisher wont put Wade back there if he cant catch the ball or continues to fumble. Im hoping these problems can be cured by coaching and Fisher is as good or better than anyone coaching the return game. Pac is will have to cover our opponents #1 receiver this year so I hope someone else can return punts just to make the D better.

fltitan said:
Fisher is as good or better than anyone coaching the return game.

And this is evidenced by our stellar return game over the past decade? Maybe my memory is failing me but Music City Miracles aside I don't recall the Oilers/Titans' return game being anything other than adequate under Fisher's regime (perhaps with the exception of D. Mase's brief stint as return man). Like I said maybe my memory is failing me on this (I'm too lazy to go look up the Titans' yearly return stats). If I'm wrong feel free to give me a smack upside the head (perhaps that'll jog my recall). :)

nope. Fisher is on record as saying he does not use starters on ST.

Plenty of other teams use starters on ST.

Fisher used starters on ST last year and all of a sudden Lowrey did not look so terrible as a ST coach.

titanbuoy said:
And this is evidenced by our stellar return game over the past decade? Maybe my memory is failing me but Music City Miracles aside I don't recall the Oilers/Titans' return game being anything other than adequate under Fisher's regime (perhaps with the exception of D. Mase's brief stint as return man). Like I said maybe my memory is failing me on this (I'm too lazy to go look up the Titans' yearly return stats). If I'm wrong feel free to give me a smack upside the head (perhaps that'll jog my recall). :)

what about last year?

Uhhh ooops! Like I said earlier, sometimes a smack upside the head is required to jumpstart my brain. :fish: :chairwack :bonk2: Thanks bigtitan53279

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back