Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
rcarie said:
Because it's boring as hell... He grew up Walter Payton's son and he likes watching soccer more than football. No wonder he was never any good.

Riiight. Your opinion, but seriously, we're basically the only major nation in the entire world who has such apathy for the sport, so why are people surprised that someone could be more excited about it then this one?

And your last statement was too ignorant to be taken as anything other than sarcasm...:ha:

KamikaZ said:
Riiight. Your opinion, but seriously, we're basically the only major nation in the entire world who has such apathy for the sport, so why are people surprised that someone could be more excited about it then this one?

And your last statement was too ignorant to be taken as anything other than sarcasm...:ha:

I am surprised he likes soccer over football because his dad was the greatest running back of all time. Is that hard to understand? If it were me or you it would make more sense. He's Walter Payton's son and he like soccer better than football.
:hmm: WOW!!

As for my last statement, I meant it. Maybe he would've rather been playing soccer and didn't have the passion that most NFL'ers do. It does happen. Do you think his father would've been as good as he was if he didn't work harder than everbody else. I Doubt it, but he had the passion and the drive to work hard enough to become great. I'm not saying Jared didn't try, I'm just suggesting that he may not have had the passion.

Some people just don't have it.

I could work on my game everyday, studying, training and what not and I still most likely wouldn't be good enough to play College ball

His dad wouldn't have been in the Hall of Fame if he didn't work as hard as he did. Of course, you can never place those expectations on Jared but maybe he never wanted to put in the effort of becoming a good player in the NFL. Therefore, he wasn't... All I'm saying is it's unusual for a guy that plays one sport professionally (I'm leaving out the fact his dad was Walter Payton) to like another sport better. . Usually people gravitate towards their favorite sport or at least the sport their best at. Especially if they have the athletic ability to play anything they want.

To me, it's a little strange. He grew up in Chicago which definately wasn't a Soccer town and he played football at Miami which, again, probably isn't much of a soccer school. So, it seems unusual that a guy like him would like watching soccer over football.

KamikaZ said:
The World Cup is the biggest sporting event in the world. Why shouldn't someone be excited about it?

because apparently the surrender monkeys are good at it.

I bet they backpedal better than any other team.

My wife is of direct European descent and she tries to convince me of the superiority of the Euros. Every time I seem to lose her on the personal hygiene issues. How far can a culture be if they have pride in how much they stink?

Please let this thread go. Walter was one of my heros, have his rookie card and all of that. Jaret will never be Walter, as much as as some of us would like him to be. I know I miss him and cherish the one time I met him, but he is gone. Let it go and let Jaret be Jaret. If he likes Soccer more, OK.
Hate to sound like a girl, but this is BS.

Feltish said:
My wife is of direct European descent and she tries to convince me of the superiority of the Euros. Every time I seem to lose her on the personal hygiene issues. How far can a culture be if they have pride in how much they stink?

:sad2: Enough with stereotypes :sad2:
There are plenty of too clean or too filthy specimens in every country, or continent. Most people from one country think stupid things like "french women dont shave their armpits"... only to travel there and find out that they think stupid things like "spaniards ladies dont shave their armpits", but heard similar stupidness with germans, dutchs, italians or so... only to find out there are some hippies in every country that must spread this stupid roumors by showing his hairy armpits all over the world.

TO Trains like a monster and he does not like that much football either... he likes basket. Of course, TO is TO, so you cant make a theory out of is behaving, training or whatever.

Me neither!

And I've definitely seen plenty of stinky people in the South!

I will say that when I spent 6 months in Europe in college, I rarely found people in any of the countries I visited that met stereotypes. The one exception was Italy. Makes me even more bitter that they won the world cup. (Joking, while what I saw was true, that doesn't make it a normal representation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back