Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I was listening to 106.7 yesterday and thought I heard Peter King say that he didn't think Fisher would still be around after next season. He thought Bud was going to get impatient and let the fish go. He also said that Fisher is so well thought of around the NFL that some teams would fire their current coach to get a shot at him. I like Fisher and hope he gets an extension on his contract, this was not what I wanted to hear.:irked:

Jimmy S is going to be the death of Jeff Fisher. Jimmy Needs to go. However, it is Peter King saying it and he, like John McClain might be looking for some more hits on his articles, could be blowing hot air

Big TT said:
I was listening to 106.7 yesterday and thought I heard Peter King say that he didn't think Fisher would still be around after next season. . . .
I thought I heard King say that "if we don't win more than five games next year"

Now that makes more sense. If we string together three years in a row where we are bottom feeders certainly Fisher's job could be on the line. Still, it is hard to slam Fisher completely for trying to coach a team that had major CAP issues, injuries and draft picks not live up to their anticipated level of play.

It's too late for this year. The coaching wheel has spun, next year's HCs are in place, except for the raiders, they're slow at everything because they're old. I don't think there's any way Jeff would be fired until next year.

I still think Fisher is the right man for the job. The only thing that concerns me was the silly penalties, and undisciplined things we did last year. That was uncharacterisic of Jeff Fisher teams. One thing I do know, Fisher is well respected throughout the league and would not be out of a job very long.

JDee

while I agree Fisher would land not only on his feet, but a big ole pile of butt cushioning $$$$ also, BUT the lack of disicpline is an ongoing issue - at least as far as the Titans being penalized goes.

I look at Fisher like I do at Cowher (Steelers). Both are the Vets around the league. Cowher has been keeping his team in the playoffs but has had a couple of bad years back to back. I think if we give Fisher a little more time to rebuild this team, he'll put us back into the playoffs.
It bothers me knowing that the FO office cleans house because of cap problems, then wants Fisher out because he can't get a FO organized team into the playoffs.

fitantitans said:
I look at Fisher like I do at Cowher (Steelers). Both are the Vets around the league. Cowher has been keeping his team in the playoffs but has had a couple of bad years back to back. I think if we give Fisher a little more time to rebuild this team, he'll put us back into the playoffs.
It bothers me knowing that the FO office cleans house because of cap problems, then wants Fisher out because he can't get a FO organized team into the playoffs.
Cowher has an amazing DC in Dick LaBeau which allows Cowher to focus on making the offense better with Wishenhunt. Jeff Fisher needs to get a DC that is worth something. Dont get me wrong, Jimmy S is a good coach, but not a DC, he will be better as a head coach where he could use his brains to make Bill Belicheck like gameplans(except Jimmy Gameplans wouldnt be as good)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back