Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We threw 7th round away totally. Wow we had some needs and you guys tell me how auburn corner not better than the marshal kid with no Bio and he runs 4,39? We sign Clowney all is good we do not big hole!

We threw 7th round away totally. Wow we had some needs and you guys tell me how auburn corner not better than the marshal kid with no Bio and he runs 4,39? We sign Clowney all is good we do not big hole!

I don’t even think it’s possible to “throw away” 7th round picks.

A lot of players who ran a sub 4.4 are bagging groceries. The 40 time doesn’t mean success. In the 7th round why get so upset. Maybe this guy has better overall ball skills.

I know! 7th round is where you find impact day 1 starters! What is JRob doing?!

I agree with the CLowney take - all is good if he’s brought in ... if not it’s basically same pass rush + under-achiever Vic Beasley to try n take down Jackson n MaHomes in the playoffs

where the F is Clowney ... sign the man!!

I read a very interesting article that suggested the Titans will not sign (file the paperwork with the league) Clowney before 4:01 PM April 27th. April 27th, 4 PM is the cutoff where signing him won't impact the team. Basically Clowney won't count against the teams free agent acquisition/loss count. So because we lost Conklin we are scheduled to get a 3rd round compensatory pick next year. Clowney contract figures would he high enough to wipe out that free compensatory pick. So why sign him before the deadline?

Again not sure how true it is, but it's was an interesting point that's for sure. If it is true, I wouldn't expect the team to sign Clowney before the 27th of April. If they did that would be a huge gaffe by the team. Judging by the Titans recent attention to detail of NFL rules, I just don't see the team not knowing about the 3rd round compensatory pick.

I read a very interesting article that suggested the Titans will not sign (file the paperwork with the league) Clowney before 4:01 PM April 27th. April 27th, 4 PM is the cutoff where signing him won't impact the team. Basically Clowney won't count against the teams free agent acquisition/loss count. So because we lost Conklin we are scheduled to get a 3rd round compensatory pick next year. Clowney contract figures would he high enough to wipe out that free compensatory pick. So why sign him before the deadline?

Again not sure how true it is, but it's was an interesting point that's for sure. If it is true, I wouldn't expect the team to sign Clowney before the 27th of April. If they did that would be a huge gaffe by the team. Judging by the Titans recent attention to detail of NFL rules, I just don't see the team not knowing about the 3rd round compensatory pick.
I have seen that same speculation. I guess we’ll know Monday at 4:01.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back