Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
With 7 weeks left in the regular season, and the Titans heading into the bye, I thought I’d take a look at what our possible projected playoff roster might look like. Let’s start with the offense:

Starting lineup

QB: Tannehill

RB1: Henry

RB2: McNichols/Hilliard

WR1: Brown

WR2: Jones

WR3: Tate/Westbrook Ikine

TE1: Swaim

OL: Lewan/Saffold/Jones/Davis?/Quesenberry

Depth

QB: Woodside

RB: Foreman/Hilliard

WR: Rodgers, Fitzpatrick, McMath?

TE: Pruit, Firkser, Hudson

OL: Lamm, Brewer, Levin, Radunz

Done For Year

Batson, Johnson, Sambrailo

At first glance, this unit looks almost identical to what we expected at the beginning of the year with the only real replacement being Golden Tate replacing Marcus Johnson. I expect Tate to compete with NWI for the WR3 role. We have yet to replace Batson, so David Moore could be a FA option as a speedster if we need it.

If Henry returns, the big question will be if Hilliard can supplant McNichols from the roster. If Henry doesn’t return, I’d expect a Foreman/Hilliard committee like last week.

Also, Brewer has been a MUCH better pass blocker than Davis, so that’s a position to watch in the coming weeks.

Overall if this unit gets healthy, I still think it could be a juggernaut.

“if” is the key word here.

I see NOTHING that gives me confidence the injuries won’t keep happening.

Julio and AJ will get injured at least 1-2 more times each after they return.

I’m hopeful, but I have to just keep it real, sorry.

Juggernaut? Yes the offense if offensive but the D hasn’t been great lately either. The Patriots moved the ball at will in yesterday’s game, the D line has had zero pressure in the last two games.

Now the defense.

Starting lineup.

EDGE: Landry

EDGE: Dupree

DE: Autry

NT: Tart

DT: Simmons

ILB: Long Jr.

ILB: Evans

CB1: Fulton

CB2: Jenkins

SCB: Molden

SS: Hooker

FS: Byard

Depth

EDGE: Adeniyi, Roberson, Simon

DL: Jones, Murchison

ILB: Brown, Rice

CB: Jackson, Mabin, Jones, Skrine, Borders

S: Farley, Cruikshank

Done for year

Farley, Weaver

A few things stand out from this season’s initial lineup projections. Long Jr. has clearly established himself as a starter alongside Evans or Brown, and Rice has really played himself into a nice rotational role. It will be interesting to see who starts later this season when guys come back healthy. My guess is Long and Evans.

Tart has definitely been missed for his disruptor/pass rush contributions and should still reclaim his role over the surprisingly effective Naquan.

Depth at EDGE is awful without Weaver and the pass rush seems to disappear without Dupree. I would love to see an addition here… Olivier Vernon, anyone?

None of us probably expected Fulton to become one of the top CB’s in the league this year and Jackrabbit has been incredibly solid as our CB2. Molden has established himself as the SCB as we all hoped he would. Depth is great when healthy.

Overall, this unit looks incredibly solid, yet depth issues in the pass rush could be a problem. I could definitely see a little more roster tweaking in the coming weeks, even without the injuries.

Juggernaut? Yes the offense if offensive but the D hasn’t been great lately either. The Patriots moved the ball at will in yesterday’s game, the D line has had zero pressure in the last two games.
Well, we can hope that with the bye and several of our stars having plenty of time to rest up while on the IR that we will have a full roster come playoff time.

Our offense has been bad with zero WR on the field capable of getting any separation whatsoever except MAYBE NWI. However, 9 turnovers in two weeks (and four failed 4th downs!) have crippled otherwise decent offensive showings.

Our defense CLEARLY misses Dupree, Tart, Long Jr and Evans in the pass rush. As soon as those four front 7 starters went out, our defense got zero pressure. Of course, that’s to be expected when four front 7 starters go out! Haha.

Now the defense.

Starting lineup.

EDGE: Landry

EDGE: Dupree

DE: Autry

NT: Tart

DT: Simmons

ILB: Long Jr.

ILB: Evans

CB1: Fulton

CB2: Jenkins

SCB: Molden

SS: Hooker

FS: Byard

Depth

EDGE: Adeniyi, Roberson, Simon

DL: Jones, Murchison

ILB: Brown, Rice

CB: Jackson, Mabin, Jones, Skrine, Borders

S: Farley, Cruikshank

Done for year

Farley, Weaver

A few things stand out from this season’s initial lineup projections. Long Jr. has clearly established himself as a starter alongside Evans or Brown, and Rice has really played himself into a nice rotational role. It will be interesting to see who starts later this season when guys come back healthy. My guess is Long and Evans.

Tart has definitely been missed for his disruptor/pass rush contributions and should still reclaim his role over the surprisingly effective Naquan.

Depth at EDGE is awful without Weaver and the pass rush seems to disappear without Dupree. I would love to see an addition here… Olivier Vernon, anyone?

None of us probably expected Fulton to become one of the top CB’s in the league this year and Jackrabbit has been incredibly solid as our CB2. Molden has established himself as the SCB as we all hoped he would. Depth is great when healthy.

Overall, this unit looks incredibly solid, yet depth issues in the pass rush could be a problem. I could definitely see a little more roster tweaking in the coming weeks, even without the injuries.

We gonna get a penalty if we send out that lineup.

The catch not mentioned is both Brown and Jones return, get injured twice, and return again for the playoffs.

How has nobody posted about Kevin byard being put on IR/Covid?
Now there’s no doubt in my mind vrabel is doing this to rest up his players.

How has nobody posted about Kevin byard being put on IR/Covid?
Now there’s no doubt in my mind vrabel is doing this to rest up his players.
He can/will make it back by the game next. The bye week gives him plenty of time to clear the (fucking ridiculous) protocol. We are 2 games ahead of the colts and hold the tiebreaker against them. So technically we are 3 games ahead. This bye week helps so much. The active guys that have been dinged and and exhausted get the break they need(the pass rush specifically). When is julio allowed off the IR? AJ could be back for the dolphins game. The defensive guys could return much sooner.

On paper that roster can compete with anyone

Evans over Brown though?

yes, Evans we can use for 2 downs at least for gaping the run.

The largest reason we kept Brown/resigned was for his SUBLB ability --- which it appears he has lost. (I'm not certain whether it's due to a constant appearance on the injury report or just outright regression.)

Long & Rice will be the 2 ILBs we keep around from this, and probably taking another around Rd. 3 if we forego it in free agency.

He can/will make it back by the game next. The bye week gives him plenty of time to clear the (****ing ridiculous) protocol. We are 2 games ahead of the colts and hold the tiebreaker against them. So technically we are 3 games ahead. This bye week helps so much. The active guys that have been dinged and and exhausted get the break they need(the pass rush specifically). When is julio allowed off the IR? AJ could be back for the dolphins game. The defensive guys could return much sooner.

Frankly, we're better off telling all the players to go out and get it now so they get over it by next week, and can build their own immunity that should keep us covered through the playoffs lol.... It won't happen (and i'm sure everyones Immune System is different) but just food for the thought

Colts could still win the division.

If we lose the last 2 games and they win all their last ones... we will be 3-3 and the Colts would be 4-2.
Even though record shows up by 2 games, were really up 3 with the season sweep.
Our division records won’t matter at any point with the colts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back